Home Politics

Reince Priebus

Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,726 AG
RNC chairperson, needs to man up, take control of his party, and limit the number of the candidates in the next debate. Having two debates on the same night and the main debate with a number of candidates that have no chance just mucks up the process.
Vote for the other candidate

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    It's merely theater and has no affect at all on the party's nomination. So what's wrong with a double feature?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Mister-JrMister-Jr Posts: 27,726 AG
    It's merely theater and has no affect at all on the party's nomination. So what's wrong with a double feature?

I guess it's fine if that's the way they want to run the campaign, but in reality it seems of little value. Too many people with too much to say diminish the time and the value of the serious candidates ideas.
  • Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,444 AG

Alfred-600-me-worry.jpg
    I don't think that you understand how this works.

There is no Republican campaign until there is a nomination.

The candidate will not be the "winner" of the debates. It is not a popularity contest.

That selection will be limited to and made from those who have governing experience, which selects out most of those receiving attention.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Does anyone really want to hear Presidental retread Rand Paul?
    I don't think that you understand how this works.

There is no Republican campaign until there is a nomination.

The candidate will not be the "winner" of the debates. It is not a popularity contest.

That selection will be limited to and made from those who have governing experience, which selects out most of those receiving attention.

When can we expect to see those you speak of rise to the top?
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 20,554 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    the serious candidates ideas.

and what are those?
    When can we expect to see those you speak of rise to the top?

Top of what? I told you that this is not a popularity contest.

The Republican party will nominate the candidate who has the best chance of retaking the presidency, which means defeating Hillary.

It ain't rocket science or much less, wishful thinking.

Top of what? I told you that this is not a popularity contest.

The Republican party will nominate the candidate who has the best chance of retaking the presidency, which means defeating Hillary.

It ain't rocket science or much less, wishful thinking.

For the sake of the country, I sure hope you're right.
    Perhaps there is hope though, I was surprised that the GOP leaders finally managed to put the radical tea party children in the House in their place.
    and what are those?

Serious candidates are those they actually have a chance of being nominated, and their ideas are those of serious candidates.
    Perhaps there is hope though, I was surprised that the GOP leaders finally managed to put the radical tea party children in the House in their place.

The tea party was an important factor in the 2010 elections, but its support may be waning, according to a new CBS News poll. Today, just 15 percent of Americans say they are supporters of the tea party movement - the lowest since CBS News began asking about the tea party in February 2010. The tea party reached its highest level of support (31 percent) in November 2010, soon after the midterm elections.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/tea-party-support-hits-new-lows-poll/
  • NACl H2O LuvrNACl H2O Luvr Posts: 12,389 AG

The tea part is to the Republicans, what Bernie Sanders supporters are to the Democrats.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Back to the OP.

RP should be fired. He is a weak, worthless Chairman of the RNC and not just because of what happened this Wed., he has always been worthless.
    Back to the OP.

RP should be fired. He is a weak, worthless Chairman of the RNC and not just because of what happened this Wed., he has always been worthless.

Another horrible idea

With GOP anger over CNBC's handling of Wednesday night's Republican presidential debate boiling over, the Republican National Committee announced Friday that it was suspending its partnership with NBC News for an upcoming debate in February.

In a letter to NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said that their relationship for the upcoming debate scheduled for Feb. 26, 2016 at the University of Houston was on hold "pending further discussion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/10/30/rnc-suspends-partnership-with-nbc-in-fallout-over-chaotic-cnbc-debate/
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    Mister-Jr wrote: »
    Another horrible idea

With GOP anger over CNBC's handling of Wednesday night's Republican presidential debate boiling over, the Republican National Committee announced Friday that it was suspending its partnership with NBC News for an upcoming debate in February.

In a letter to NBC News Chairman Andrew Lack, RNC Chairman Reince Priebus said that their relationship for the upcoming debate scheduled for Feb. 26, 2016 at the University of Houston was on hold "pending further discussion."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/10/30/rnc-suspends-partnership-with-nbc-in-fallout-over-chaotic-cnbc-debate/

You need to explain yourself. We will wait.
    You need to explain yourself. We will wait.

If you don't see the issue, you will be waiting long after Hillary is elected.
    Proof that it's a terrible decision, Rand Raul's campaign liked it.......

A spokesman for Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Sergio Gor, also praised the RNC's decision. "We hope networks and future moderators realize that what happened in Colorado should never have occurred," said Gor, whose candidate complained Wednesday night about a lack of time.

What difference does it make, they will all attack each other in due time, regardless of moderation.
  • JAPJAP Posts: 3,373 Captain
    The political left will increasingly have to come to terms with the fact that the free market is going to destroy their control of media. It's going to be very painful for them.
    *** wrote: »
    The political left will increasingly have to come to terms with the fact that the free market is going to destroy their control of media. It's going to be very painful for them.

Liberal-Media-Six-Corporations.gif
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,949 Captain
    Plot twist....conservatives are liberals.....
    Liberal-Media-Six-Corporations.gif

You, in particular, are going to have to duct tape your head. You're not going to want to live in a world that isn't dominated by liberal narratives. Please take care.
    CNBC just had it's most profitable day in the network's history. It also just had it's worst day ever. The need to earn profits, in a delicious bit of irony, will manifestly change the politics of media boardrooms. It's happening on a massive scale in the private equity markets right now. Probably 3-5 years out in public companies.
  • sjm1582002sjm1582002 Posts: 4,364 Captain
    Few people even know who Prince Reibus is, even fewer care whether he retains his largely irrelevant and ceremonial position.

As for the "great debate" it sounds like a predictable attempt to generate some publicity for an otherwise humdrum event.

The moderators playing the role of the "heel" forcing the "babyface", the brave Canadian citizen Rafael (aka Ted), to valiantly defend our besmirched GOP candidates.

Vince McMahon would approve.

Glad I missed the sorry affair.