Help! Lost Rods. Reward!

My friend Captain Robbie had a bag of rods blow out of his boat between Homosassa and Crystal River on Rt19. He was on his way home from the Keys, picked up the dog in Homosassa and transferred the rods from the truck to the boat. Someone saw them fly out, told him, but by the time he went back they were gone. It was his good inshore rods, fly rod, reef rods and reels for all and some lures. Reward! PM me. Thanks, Ted

Replies

• xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,438 Officer
    Sorry to hear that. Hope he had insurance. I will keep my ear to the ground.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 899 Officer
    I'm gonna share a screen shot of your post on a Facebook group that gets a lot of local traffic.
  • Fishin RodFishin Rod Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Homeowners insurance is your friend at a time like this. I lost three complete sets of dive gear and all of my fishing gear and my home owners replaced everything down to the lures in my tackle boxes.....
    "Be what you is"....... Isaiah Minter
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 4,486 Captain
    They blew out of the boat? Wow, hope he recovers them.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 899 Officer
    Fishin Rod wrote: »
    Homeowners insurance is your friend at a time like this. I lost three complete sets of dive gear and all of my fishing gear and my home owners replaced everything down to the lures in my tackle boxes.....

Interesting, was there ever any negative impact from doing so? Rate increase or policy cancellation? As bad as it sounds, I would be afraid to disturb the "sleeping bear".
  • mburke001 aka TripleBmburke001 aka TripleB Posts: 1,101 Officer
    Probably the best thing is to check w/your Insurance agent as a question before submitting the claim. You also might have a deductible. You could also Google scenarios on lost item claims for your insurance company to see if they pay etc.
  • Fish HaidFish Haid Posts: 7,985 Admiral
    Look on Craigs List.
    23895.gif
  • VertigoVertigo Yankeetown, FLPosts: 592 Officer
    Stuff that falls off your truck is gone quick on Rt 19. I once had the bin off an insulation blower fall off my truck, and before I could turn around to pick it up it was gone. Turning around took only a few minutes and the 6'x3'x3' bin was already headed to Craigs List.
  • relicshunterrelicshunter Posts: 517 Officer
    Years ago i had the trailer plate fall off and I noticed something bouncing away. Pulled over as soon as I could got out and confirmed it was the licence plate. Now the strange part! In that amount of time a convertible with two older woman in it pulled over near where the plate should have been. The passenger got out grabbed it and the speed away pass me as I am walking back to look for it. The strangest things happen sometimes. So I figure it will be sold to some low life to put their car on the road, my next stop was the police substation toward home. We (my husband and I) are walking into to report it stolen and an officer by the building asks me if I am here for a conical visit! The jail is in the same parking lot and I guess it was that type of day. What a day.