Marathon 10/18 to 10/23

I rented a boat the last week while staying at KCB. The winds were brutal, but we managed to fish the patch reefs Thursday and Friday. All told we boated about thirty keeper yellow tails and mangroves, half a dozen ceros, some blue fish, a 6 foot bull shark, and a few nurse sharks. I have no idea how many white grunts and needle fish we caught, together with other unidentified reef fish. We also had what we presume to be a Goliath on, broke off on tarpon, and had a very fast, very strong, shark on that cut us off on a channel marker. Both of my kids caught a cuda, and my wife got to experience casting into a school of blue fish with plugs.

Replies

• 2thekeys2thekeys Posts: 162 Deckhand
    So what you are saying...Even in the worst conditions..they keys are a good time... Thanks for posting... too many would have just *****ed about the weather and how they rented a boat for a week and did not get to use it...the rental place should have giving me a discount...but no...you chose to make the best out of bad weather and have a good time....You should come back more often!!
  • OzpaOzpa Posts: 34 Deckhand
    The keys are a great time! Just because I can't get off shore and do what if prefer doesn't mean I can't enjoy myself at all. We'll all be back again, and we'll have fun again.
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,845 Captain
    :thumbsup
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • southseassouthseas Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Man, great job...good times. Wish the fan wouldn't have been on turbo but, you cant beat the keys. Hope you found some frosty cold beverages at Sparkys and Island too....