Marathon fishing advice

Hey everyone,

I'm coming down from South Florida in a few weeks (11/11) to do some fishing. We're looking into renting a boat and hoping to target some tuna, grouper, or snapper - basically some eating! Any advice as far as best setup, bait, areas to fish, time of day, etc? We're fairly new to fishing but have had some successful Mahi trips out of Fort Lauderdale. Any help/advice would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies

• RandoRando Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Subscribing. I'm heading down on the 29th. I haven't fished offshore in over a year. I hope I remember how haha
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,373 Captain
    should be great, then!
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lu 1967Lu 1967 Posts: 296 Deckhand
    Hey jwalk,You probably don't want to hear this but by the nature of your questions I'd look into hiring a captain/mate for the day.The 4-500 hundred will be money well spent.Ask a lot of questions and watch everything.Good luck,Lu
  • miami muttonmiami mutton Posts: 1,100 Officer
    Hi my name is Benny, I know the area well. Find a drop off in 85 to 110 feet and anchor and chum, you should get ballyhoo to come close. Cast net some and send them down alive, grouper should turn on real well after having all these winds and some muttons can be caught in that depth also and even shallower. good luck and tight lines
  • dodger31dodger31 Posts: 177 Deckhand
    Have Piner_wahoo come aboard your rental. Money well spent!