Marathon Key Advice

Heading to Marathon this Sat-Sun. Staying at the Royal Hawaiian and fishing half day on the SeaDog.

Any tips on things to do, bars, restaurants, sights, fishing from land?

Would like to take our catch to a restaurant any places you can recommend that cooks your catch?

thanks
Brad

Replies

• TeamTekeTeamTeke Posts: 955 Officer
    Happy Hour @ Sparky's in Key Colony Beach. $.25 shrimp and hot wings, specials on drinks. They do "cook your catch" also. Lazy Days in Boot Key Harbor also has a good happy hour and cook your catch. A bit pricier but big reputation and quality. Key's Fishery is a fun spot to dine- mostly seafood, I'm not sure if they do cook your catch. Sunset Grill just before the 7 Mile bridge is a fun place also. For night-life try the Hurricane if they have live music. Also the Brass Monkey, but be advised it is a little rough around the edges.

Little fishing is available from land. Best to try bridges, Tom's Harbor & Tom's Harbor Cut, Long Key. Fish in the low light periods or at night. Also consider the Marathon Lady party boat.

For sights you have the Turtle Hospital, Dolphin Research and Florida Keys Aquarium Encounters. Maybe a tour to Pigeon Key.
    Happiness is the journey, not the destination.
  • Cat Man DoCat Man Do Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    nice job Ron.I would also add Fishtales near the Marathon Lady headboat for cook your catch.Burdines for the best burger and fries in Marathon.
  • B2TBB2TB Posts: 57 Greenhorn
    I think the 2 posts above cover it all.
  • Gulf2Back2FrontGulf2Back2Front Posts: 54 Greenhorn
    Lazy Days Restaurant on the west side does an excellent job on my customers fish.
    Captain Mike Theut
    30926 Edward Road
    Big Pine Key, Florida 33043
    www.LowerKeysAdventureCharters.com :fishing
    Private / Custom - Family and Small Group Charters
    Offshore, Back Country and Gulf Fishing / Eco Tours / Snorkel Trips
  • southseassouthseas Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    Good late spot too is the Cabana Tiki in KCB. Not as wild as the Cane and Monkey but will stay open as long as the crowd stays thirsty. Can walk the pier too and see what they're catching.
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,325 Captain
    monkey= AAA+++
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • piner_wahoopiner_wahoo Posts: 3,325 Captain
    land- vaca cut @ nite w/ plugs=tarpon city
    28' SEA VEE BRAND NEW 200 SUZUKI's- LIVE BAIT OFFSHORE WRECKS DEEP DROP REEFS BACKCOUNTRY
    CUSTOM CHARTERS u pick the boat- Capt.Harlan Trammell
    American Allegiance Charters -LOWER KEYS BACKCOUNTRY FISHING,LOBSTER dives, fish the 33' WORLDCAT w/ AOK+Allegiance!
    your boat or mine, my spots+my gear, your fish.
    BIG WAHOO
    checkout our new website- http://www.american-allegiance-charters.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Allegiance-Charters/708182519302079[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • makobradmakobrad Posts: 32 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the tips all. Did not make it down last Sat. due to weather. Im rescheduled for Oct 31 weekend. Will hit up a few of the recommended spots.

many thanks for the advice
  • freediver_in_keysfreediver_in_keys Posts: 8 Greenhorn
    Ok, had to jump in.
    Capt'n Chris Johnson.
    Seasquared Charters. Marathon
    www.seasquaredcharters.com/

Good friend and one of the best **** fisherman I know. Shark,Tarpon,snapper, whatever you want. Front side or back side.
    Splits with guys all the time.
    Peace out.
    Joey