Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

anybody been near shore? any bait with this red tide?

Was hoping to run boat tomorrow. Anybody know if there's bait around pass, along beach, bouy line or bell buoy?

Was hoping to go play with some kings in am and try for snapper or two.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• AKIIAKII Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    I've been wondering the same thing, hope someone answers soon. Trying to decide whether to drag the boat down and go tomorrow with the wife and our kids. Hate to drag the boat 3 1/2 hours one way for nothing, but sure would love to go and kids were looking forward to going.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    Spoke with a reliable source this pm and he said plenty of bait.

Checked pier fishing forums and they've been quiet since about the third.

Went to boat today to put electronics on and load some gear... visible red tide break inside grass line and out to about 3' in medium tide. Real thick, but also isolated. This is in bay about 7 miles from pass. Saw no dead fish. A few chofers here and there... looked healthy. Some flashing in grass. No mullet / black snapper / sheepshead, etc.
    Thanks Panhandler80, we didn't pull out and head down this evening, not knowing the situation. Wish we would have. Thanks for the update.
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,742 Moderator
    Patches of it. Plenty of bait, but small. Including what we BOUGHT at bait boat.

All cleaned up now. At dock around 11. No kings. Our 6 average snapper limit. One huge lane snapper. One beeliner. Bout ready for some football.

Released probably 8 keeper snapper trying for grouper.
    Congrats Panhandler80, glad you got out and caught some fish. Good to know there is some bait around.