Home General Freshwater Fishing

Lake Semonole Oct. 1st thru 4th. 2015

capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,735 Moderator
Stayed at Spring creek park resort for my clubs "Classic" the 3rd and 4th. We rented the double wide mobile for the 9 boats that qualified and it was decent as far as fish camp accommodations are concerned. The staff was super nice and very helpful plus two restaurants. The 6 dollar giant burger with fries was really good. There is a large public boat ramp right next door and a huge field to park overflow trucks and trailers. There was a 50 boat tournament fishing the same as us and no problems at the ramp.

Now if the fishing would have been as easy ..
Pre-fished half of Thursday and all of Friday . Got 3 to 4 bites both days with a 4lb as the largest. The weather was blowing with a heavy misty drizzle that was just enough to need a rain suit. Wind out of the North. :banghead

I got lucky on tournament day one with 2 fish on a top water bait in Spring creek and a 4-11 on a spinnerbait off a bluff in the Flint. I missed the daily big fish pot but won the day and was leading the tournament by a pound+ . Only 2 bags had 3 fish and the other tournament was experiencing the same fishing.

Day two I went to were I started on day one and with the constant wind ended up throwing a bow line over timber sticking up in 23' of water to hold the boat. I would fish the area slow and move to the next stick up and repeat . SLOW fishing . I hate fishing that way.

I missed a good fish and finally put a 3-1 in the boat but the bite stopped. Went to try the spinnerbait area but the wind change didn't work for that spot. Ended up going to the only rip rap bank in the area that had the right wind direction and caught my last fish on the first cast. A 2 pounder on the stinger hook, just like the one the day before was hooked. Thank goodness I put the stinger on :cool:

Only weighed in two fish but won the big bass pot , total weight pot and the overall two day tournament $$ .
Tough conditions but a win is a win. :USA
"You'll get your weather"

Replies

• Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 977 Officer
    Ain't nuthin wrong with making a little money while doing what you love!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,284 Officer
    Awesome Fishin' in tough conditions! You've got to let someone else win something once in a while.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,849 Captain
    Congadz on yer Big Win Louie! You are Da King of Da Bighaid Bass fer another year! You also got yer Weather and are sill my hero! So now it's tine to take Gary and me out in yer awesomely beautiful new/old boat to troll up some Bighaid Gagz! I duno if you remember the three of us sitting at the bar while you and Gary killed off the last of the bucket beerz after every one else was long gone at our last Minibash? Anyway you told us you would take out to teach Gary how to catch some Groopa'z after yer Big three day Bass=a-thon! I'll give you a shout this week!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,699 Captain
    As said
    Win Is A Win
    :beer
    Congrats
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg