Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

"Forum Meet And Greet Night" 2015

Had an excellent turnout for a meet and drink get together. I think everyone had a good time. If you go by the number of empty soldiers on the tables, I would say someone had a good time!!
Arrived at the Loft with this sign greeting all the attendees.
017_zpsgteqhzj4.jpg
Okay, here it goes. If I leave out any one holler. You know a lot of those empty soldiers belonged to me.
Here's early shows.
Billy, Hammerhead, Snooker, Louie, and Ruff One
001_zpssk7dk9uf.jpg
Bobbin Along, Backyard and Mario.
014_zpsdl2zhpzt.jpg
My Favrorite fisherman, ThinkICan. Dave
034_zpseavajty5.jpg
The AnglerBros Family.
044_zpslhupdb1j.jpg
Fish Mike and Friend Mario.
027_zpsb57ussvn.jpg
Salty Dog, Eric, Gary, and Ted.
021_zpsgmedsyug.jpg
Doc and Myself discussing Frog Biology!
009%20-%20Copy_zpsjoy54igf.jpg
Gary kept that Mason jar full!
006_zpszxzk1mfo.jpg
Snooker and Ted telling snook stories!
004_zpsydq1wvyo.jpg
Mr and Mrs. HuntinTails listening to a Billy redfish story!
035_zps7idrcwge.jpg
Oh No! We don't need these two guys in charge of the "Bucket"
030_zpstwtaqnrt.jpg
See what I mean. Louie found the bucket.
041_zpsrjaonxe9.jpg
Rip N Lips sneaking a beer out of SaltDog bucket!
039_zps1a75bwlh.jpg
As you can now tell, the Party is in full swing!
Gail's favorite fisherman Rip N Lips aka Mario.
036_zpsuk6a6l3u.jpg
Guess who this is?
025_zpsatpu6iat.jpg
And theses two?
026_zpsigzwzuaf.jpg
The phone is out, and I bet it's a pic of a fish.
020_zpsjzhln8j0.jpg
Kayaters Forever, Justin and Megan.
040_zpsz4eupbqt.jpg
I think Gail was planning to head out the door with this treasure, but Billy stopped her.
032_zpsisf1xooj.jpg
Louie and Fishmike talking tuna!
008_zpsqryi8dpt.jpg
Doc absorbing data!
002%20-%20Copy_zpschmlzmtd.jpg
Really a good gathering. It's nice to get together once and awhile and put some faces on those forum names. And of course to throw out all those fish stories.
Finally a pic of my really favrorite fisherman, who took most of all the pics tonight. Gail!!
023_zpskgfdybbc.jpg
Enjoy
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 936 Officer
    Looks like I missed a great time! I made an offshore trip with a friend today and by the time we got in and the boat cleaned up and put away it was too late to head on over there.
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 964 Officer
    looks like a great time
  • ripnlipsripnlips Posts: 2,536 Captain
    Good times. Its always good to see everyone. Cant wait til the next one.
  • barhopper51barhopper51 Posts: 561 Officer
    I really like seeing the forum members. Wonder alot what they look like and now I have a reference. One day I'll get in on one of these.
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,728 Captain
    An excellent time as usual and a big thanks to The Loft for letting us use their facility...plus they bought us some beers and shrimp. :)

I had a great time, drank a couple beers (okay...maybe more than a couple), and thanks to Tom and Gail hauling my butt up there. Nice to see the regulars and tell fish stories.

Nice picture of Louie and I holding the bucket...it didn't stay full very long.

The 258 boat was one bad **** boat and Marrio's new boat ain't too shabby either.

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    That was a great time last night. It was good swapping stories and meeting everyone. We kicked a lot of buckets too!
  • butchbalbutchbal Posts: 467 Deckhand
    I'm really sorry I missed all of you guys, I'm stuck down here in Marathon. I think I'll go eat another lobster and some tuna to console myself. I'm glad you guys had a good turnout, see you on the water!
  • Almost PerfectAlmost Perfect Posts: 589 Officer
    One of these days I'm going to get to make it to a meet and greet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Contender 27 Cuddy
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,843 Captain
    I had a great time seeing everyone who came by, both the old crusty dudes and the young beautiful fishers! As usual the Loft treated us like family w/ free food and beers! As usual a good time was had by all! I alway learn something about fishing, boating, hunting or just general all around outdoor knowledge from someone I know or someone I just met amd this time was no different!
    At this Mini Bash I had to stay sober (Dr's orders for upcoming tests) Grrrrr! But it turned out Ok cause I saved Louie's wife dropping him off and coming back later to get him by giving him a ride! Other than feeling sorry for myself watching bucket after bucket of beers quench everyone's thirst but mine (club soda & tonic water just dosen't do it!) I had a dam good time talking and actually remembering things this time! Lotta knowlage there!
    Then after most left we got to sit at the bar and watch the Gators pull one out against Tenn. in what turned out to be one crazy ending! With Biggary, Capt. Louie and myself as the last of the Mohicans, Louie and Gary were sifted though every bucket of dead solders making sure no live ones were left and finishing off what seemed like never ending bucket on the bar!
    But like all good fishing trips have to end, so did our small "Meet & Greet" as Louie called it! So we headed home in one of the best light shows in a long time! Luckilly the rain wasn't too bad but the puddles of water in the road made me really glad I didn't burry my head in any buckets. I hope everyone else made it home safe too!
    On a final note> I know we usually have our big Bash around April but what say we have another smaller bash before or around the Holidays? Whatchathink Gize & Galz???
    Oh> another ast> Thanks to Gail for taking all the beautiful photo's!! Letz have a Woo-Woo for Gail!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • GlennGlenn GeorgiaPosts: 1,726 Captain
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Sorry. I am presently in disposed and could not make this get together glad you guys had a good time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,164 Moderator
    OK , for the record. I didn't ask/pay to have my name on the sign out front. :rolleyes However , I kinda like it :cool:

The loft peeps were , as usual , very accommodating and I can't thank oceanmasterconk and Joyce enough for the generous gift of shrimp and beer. The wings they make are killer also ! Oddly the beer in those buckets doesn't last very long ? Must be some sort of evaporation issue I'm guessing .. :Glass

I left the box of charts and stickman stickers there so will need to stop by and get them I guess . It's snookspankers fault. He wasn't drinking so I had to take up the slack. :grin

It was lots of fun and we are just gonna have to do it again soon I guess. :banana Great seeing everyone and hope the ones missing will show next time.

Many thanks to the photographer "Mrs. Ruff one" for the pics and Ruff one for the post.

Time to get back to fishin' !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,256 Officer
    Great time as usual. Thanks to Capt Louie for arranging things and Ruffs for pics and story. Loft is a great place for it and added a big bucket and good eats gratis. Really good to see some friends again and meet some new ones. Felt like kind of a lightweight compared with some who will remain unnamed...BillyGaryLouie. Glad I did not ride my Harley though, plus it poured on the way home.
  • THINKICANTHINKICAN Homosassa, FLPosts: 564 Officer
    Good time had by all and the chance to put faces with monikers sure helps if only the memory serves. **** hearing aids sure don't cut it in a noisy environment so I did a lot of nodding and grinning! Thanks, Capt. Louie for your hard work putting this together.
    SO WHEN IS THIS "OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER" SUPPOSED TO KICK IN?
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,956 Captain
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,584 Captain
    Looks like I missed a good party.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,164 Moderator
    Slacker wrote: »
    Looks like I missed a good party.

It was a good time with good people.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,946 Admiral
    Sorry I missed this one, I know you guys had fun, carry on :banana:banana