Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Lake O North Tags Filled

Got out Saturday morning and got to our spot we have been seeing a bunch or nice gators. We shut off the motor and in 5 minutes had gators popping up within 20 yards of us. I hooked 2 but pulled both off right away. Finally stuck one good. He measured at 9'7". Not a monster but i'll take it.
5EF13766-3F7E-42D9-831E-D26910CBB5BF_zps6jgqvenn.jpg

Went back out this morning and the gators were scarce. We were in the same spot as the day before but just not seeing any. After a hour my dad wanted to make a move and I said lets just give it 1 more pass in this spot. Well we see a small gator and say whatever lets take him to tag out. I miss on the first cast (not sure how as it seemed like a perfect cast). He went down and right next to where he went down a big gator popped up. I wasn't gonna miss twice in a row and snagged him. 2 hours later we got him to the boat. He wouldn't give up and managed to bend my spear when the tape wouldn't break. A well placed shot to the head and he was done for. 11'3".
EAE97527-6ED1-43A7-88CA-8417196F1EB2_zpsosdsejmu.jpg
Mouthfull_zpselj0t5gz.jpg
Face_zpsqbulunyi.jpg
Head%20Shot_zps8wezdtrq.jpg

11%20foot%203%20in_zpsumsusbyb.jpg
Now just one more tag to fill on the south side and I'll be tagged out for the season.

Replies