Home Sportsman's Kitchen

We show Northerners how to eat!

harbisonharbison Posts: 4,557 Captain
:thumbsup
Some of our Northern friends are curious as to what we in Florida eat. Bet here is that they would like this:
Wild Florida Boar on the grill (with oak wood):
19a43029.jpg
Fresh off the grill wild boar, Garlic bread, Brown rice-with real creamery butter, Florida home grown bananas:
36fc5aa8.jpg
Wild Boar ribs on the grill:
12082010_129.jpg
Fresh Florida grouper & hush puppys, potato salad
a6dacdd9.jpg
75c351e0.jpg
Florida Chili Dog:
c8ce64a2.jpg
Hot off the grill Wild Boar & fresh fish:
06201c19.jpg
We love our Florida Wild Boar on the grill:
b00a5d02.jpg
We also love fresh fried Florida American red snapper, potatoes & onions:
9ea6b8b2.jpg
Florida signature...Grouper sandwich
7ef63ce2.jpg
Hot Country Sausage & gravy over buttermilk biscuits:
dd665a2d.jpg
We may be Florida Crackers; but we sure know how to eat!

Replies

• big_tbig_t Posts: 589 Officer
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,211 AG
    Oh, I am sure Northerners know how to eat. I was amazed to see a sausage/hot dog isle run the full length of the store. :eek:
    It's all in the preparation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • ruskinredneckruskinredneck Posts: 1,121 Officer
    I am hungry now and I just ate!
  • TriplecleanTripleclean Posts: 6,591 Officer
    You showed the Northerners that you have been drinking heavy while you are cooking.
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Flash wrote: »
    Oh, I am sure Northerners know how to eat. I was amazed to see a sausage/hot dog isle run the full length of the store. :eek:
    It's all in the preparation.

I have been very impressed with the knowledge and imagination of several contributors to this forum and they represent a wide spectrum of the country. Hell, I've been making biscuits and gravy since I can remember and even learned a new twist...from a guy in Missouri, of all places.

Where Florida shines, is in its (Key West) pink shrimp and also in the plethora of great tasting fish that can be had fresher than any other place in the country. On a smaller scale though, the same is true, no matter where you are. One of my favorite fish dishes, (and one that I shall probably never enjoy again) is a "mess" of 4-5 inch brook trout, dipped in corn meal and fried whole (head on) in bacon grease. Cooked until crispy, you can pick them up by the head and eat the whole fish, fins, bones and all. If the females had roe, it was left inside as an added treat. Served with eggs, bacon and fried potatoes with onion/green pepper, and you have a breakfast fit for a king. Oh...No brook trout in Florida, BTW..

If I'm on the west coast, I immediately yearn for abalone and dungeoness crab. Inland from there (Montana/Wyoming) and I want to have some elk and antelpe. The list goes on and on and nothing that I have mentioned, is available in Florida, unless you have it shipped in or bring it yourself.

Sure, Florida has some great eats, but the rest of the country, the North included, does pretty well also.
    .......Rick