Bit the Bullet

I bit the bullet and bought an fx canon 6D....
write ups were good and adorama had a 48 hour special on them....
also bought the battery grip and a killer lens...the tokina 16-24 f2.8....
road tested this weekend...all images were shot with the tokina except the dragon flies which were shot with my old trusty tamron 200-500...

black smith at ft morgan dauphin island...high iso, available light...

IMG_0197.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

mini camps

IMG_0165ppC.jpg

sunset at the island...

IMG_0233ppC.jpg

dragon flies....

IMG_0122ppC.jpg

IMG_0131ppC.jpg

came close to buying a refurbished 5D Mk III but I saved enough to buy the other stuff...
write ups by canon forum members, dpreview, ken Rockwell, etc, said it was just about an even shot except the 5D has the same focusing matrix as the 7D Mk II and a built in flash (I have over simplified the comments)

I'm happy and the built in wi-fi and gps is way cool....

tim
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
#12976, joined 8-17-2002

Replies

• GardawgGardawg Posts: 8,017 Admiral
    excellent ...
    “Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Heres Tom with the Weather.”
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Enjoy your new toy and post lots of shots.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    i have to get a 7d now for a back-up...
    it never ends...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    When I read the subject line I **** near fell out of the chair. I thought this thread was going to be a Nikon. :rotflmao
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
    what's a Nikon???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    what's a Nikon???

Nikon is a fantastic camera company who had the foresight to keep their mount the same for fifty years so you can continue to use all your legacy lenses.......unlike another camera company. :grin

Anyway, have you found any shortcomings with 6D. I understand is is a smallish body for a full frame sensor camera, is that true?

BTW, the color pop is really nice. I like the "mini camp" image - very nice. Where is that?
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
    Craig....
    the smallish body is a bit uncomfortable and I just have average size hands...
    however, I always get a battery grip for all my camera bodies so the smaller size becomes a moot point...

still playing with all the gizmo's...I do like the ability to bracket up to 7 images at one time though...
    I need to get it set up to wi-fi to my droid phone (Samsung)...
    you can do all kinds of cool things with your phone as long as you're in range...
    I have not tried geo-tagging the images with gps yet either....
    I've only had it a week now...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002