Another multi species day Banana River 8/28/15

Weather was perfect this morning out on the yak. Slightly overcast, water was like glass. Started the morning out chasing schools of reds making wakes and tailing. Found a nice upper slot trout in the mix along with some snook. As the sun got higher I moved to the shoreline and started catching some more reds scattered throughout. I parked for an early lunch break and kept an eye out on the water and caught a glimpse of what I thought were tailing black drum. Hopped back in the kayak and drifted closer and sure enough drum were tailing....at 11am. These guys are in full force this summer. On my way back in made a pit stop at the mouth of the creek that has been consistently holding some small tarpon and pulled one out. Another awesome day out on the river - 14 reds, 3 snook, 1 trout, 1 black drum, 1 small tarpon. Here's a pic of each. Not gonna post all the reds but I'm in an online spot tournament and you can see them here: http://www.saltstrong.com/family/anthony-acevedo/

Replies

• beachside321beachside321 Posts: 365 Officer
    Great work. Launching from KARS park right? I've only been there a few times with spotty success. Looks like you've got it nailed down
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 19,717 AG
    Nice work!
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • TD-AnglinTD-Anglin Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Great job! What were they chewing on?
    http://sobesurf.com/
    sobe-surf-logo-1.png
    Surf Lessons, Stand Up Paddle Lessons, Tours, Rentals and Equipment Sales
  • AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 111 Officer
    Thanks guys! All caught on artificial gulp jerk baits and the black drum was on a gulp shrimp
    Great work. Launching from KARS park right? I've only been there a few times with spotty success. Looks like you've got it nailed down
    Yeah launching from kars, but it's a lot of paddling putting in 10 hour days roughly 15 miles or so
  • FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 646 Officer
    what a cool day man!
    East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • Robm00923Robm00923 Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Awesome day man I'm sure you had fun and the drum on artificial sweet...
    Robm00923 wrote: »
    Awesome day man I'm sure you had fun and the drum on artificial sweet...
    Thanks man, yeah the key is patience when trying to get drum on artificial. I had one day they actually chased down the jerk bait like a red would, was awesome.
  • Lobstercatcher229Lobstercatcher229 Posts: 4,844 Captain
    nice catching!
  • Robm00923Robm00923 Posts: 121 Deckhand
    Right on man,,Yea I've seen'em get aggressive and blow up on small blue crabs on top catching a ride in the current out Hallouver,,again Sweet catch Man Get'er Done... Rob
    AceDawg wrote: »
    Thanks man, yeah the key is patience when trying to get drum on artificial. I had one day they actually chased down the jerk bait like a red would, was awesome.
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 1,007 Officer
    Looks like you got the Uber Turbo Slam…nice work.
  • 186 KEYWEST186 KEYWEST Posts: 52 Deckhand
    EPIC DAY!!!
  • SizuperSizuper Posts: 293 Deckhand
    4. I think that's called a grand slam.
  • Panfishangler1Panfishangler1 Posts: 885 Officer
    Big Props for this stringer of fish!! Well done!
    Panfishanglersigdownsized.gif