Playing with chickens Aug 20

Went out in search of big dolphin and wahoo, but weeds were too scattered to troll effectively. I did catch some trolling, but clearing weeds became a nuisance so I decided to stop and jig around a couple of floating trees I found. I flat lined some live baits with no success. There was bait everywhere, and the trees were loaded with fish. I went out 28 miles, caught 25 or so fish, tagged and released most and kept 3. Water was FLAT calm and mostly green. I made a video showing the highlights of my trip.

https://youtu.be/bW_RPPjrEBg

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    Looks like a good time! :beer
  • Reef ThiefReef Thief Posts: 21 Greenhorn
    Man it is a lot of work to, film, fish and drive on that boat. lol
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,156 Officer
    AWESOME footage!!! Very cool. Looks like a lot of fun. And, yep.....a lot of work by yourself. We were out Saturday & didn't run into any chickens. Had heard & seen reports of folks catching them though.

What's the deal with you tagging them?

Livin' the Dream !
    I just help with the research of thier movements. Anyone can go on the website and get the tags sent to them for free. They give incentives, such as costa sunglasses and Shimano reels for top taggers. Here is an article about one I tagged here and it was recaptured off of the Bahamas 770 miles away, it traveled that in 45 days. It also confirmed that te fish travel from the Atlantic to the gulf via the Gulf Stream . http://dolphintagging.homestead.com/Aug12Nwsltr.pdf
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,156 Officer
    Reef Thief wrote: »
    I just help with the research of thier movements. Anyone can go on the website and get the tags sent to them for free. They give incentives, such as costa sunglasses and Shimano reels for top taggers. Here is an article about one I tagged here and it was recaptured off of the Bahamas 770 miles away, it traveled that in 45 days. It also confirmed that te fish travel from the Atlantic to the gulf via the Gulf Stream . http://dolphintagging.homestead.com/Aug12Nwsltr.pdf

very cool!

Livin' the Dream !
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,128 Admiral
    Where are they going to be this weekend?
    That's where I would start. Caught them on that color change before. I caught some last week under those bait buoys around there. Also the bait guy has some traps to the east about a mile or so off the beach where that house is on she'll island. Caught some there not too long ago. There also looks to be a good color change just north of the squiggles if you want to make that run. Lots of debris floating out there too. Wish I had a satellite tag on one to tell everyone exactly.
    that's the SST
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,852 Moderator
    Cool.

Think I'm going fishing next weekend. Assuming no hurricane or anything else more than 10 knots.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"