Desperate in Marco

Fellow fishermen and women, I am in Marco Island with my family for our yearly vacation. We saved all year to have this happen. We have never been to SW FLA. My boys live to fish. I did not take into consideration the water temp down here this time of the year. We rented a boat from Rose marina Wed and hacd to work real hard to put 7 mangos in the cooler on shrimp that we had to wait until 10AM for delivery
Now I ask all of you for help. I ahve a 19 foot rental again tomorrow that is only good for backcountry , no Gulf. What can I do to put my boys on some fish,i.e snook, red or trout? I was thinking Goodland area but when I get there what do I do. We are from Jacksonville and the water just does not get this warm,

Please help, right now my boys think Marco is not the best place for fishing.

Bob Craft
904-616-5641

Replies

• Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    You want to get in touch w/ Captain Mike Daniel. Sorry, but my contact info is out of date.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Sizzle ChestSizzle Chest Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    You can try fishing some of the passes: Caxambas and around some of the bridges: Jolly bridge and around the area where the river hits the gulf. Get some good water moving/tide and pitch some baits around the rocks and docks. You should be able to hoist something out of those areas!

Good luck!
  • voltmanvoltman Posts: 131 Deckhand
    i havent fished that area for some time, i know there is are two t docks on the north side of capri pass ,,thats the same water/river the jolly bride goes over ..one of them has a deep hole on the east side ,,if memory serves me well its the second one in from the gulf .this is were you will find snook in this warm water,the hole is at least 30 feet deep …it sits in front of a condo and there is a swimming pool beyond the dock,,i dont think you can use the pool its private but fish away.:fishing:fishing:fishing
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Who are you?
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • voltmanvoltman Posts: 131 Deckhand
    :fishing