Hard to sort thru the shorts - offshore 6/19

Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,419 Moderator
It was a long hard day offshore but it resulted in a limit of snapper, a half dozen or so mangos, a couple scamp, a big flag tail and surprise flounder out of 135'.

Had to sort thru a bunch of short snapps, but managed to complete the limit with all legal ones

Snapper6-19-11andafloundersml.jpg

Replies

• saltwaterfanaticsaltwaterfanatic Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Nice Haul there Jack
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,010 Moderator
    Great catch Jack, the Yellow Tails have been eatin' their Wheaties.
  • bearohsbearohs Posts: 166 Officer
    jack i see the flounder there, we took raised a 22incher from 100ft saturday. I have never caught a flounder like that offshore in my 20 years of grouper diggin in the gulf. Is this a seasonal thing or just me getting better at billdancing them to the boat? :)
  • JayzillaJayzilla Posts: 73 Deckhand
    Nice work Jack!
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 10,685 AG
    Way to fill the box Jack.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    Very nice catch. That is an awesome filet table. Do the scraps drop into the water?
  • Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 4,419 Moderator
    Filet table is at Loggerhead Marina, St Pete. Center (covered with round stainless disk) has a maserator that grind the heads/scraps and puts them back into water, but in fine pieces so as to not float and stink. I've had it grind up the head of a 45# cobia, but, on this day, maserator was broken so we poked the eyeballs and dropped heads and scraps over into the water
  • sagorysagory Posts: 614 Officer
    It would be cool if you could somehow collect the ground up stuff to use later as chum. Really cool set up. The hoses remind me off when I washed dishes at Moores Stonecrab back in the day.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,668 Captain
    :beer
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you