Silver In The Air on a Blue Moon

Headed out with Adam and Bill Nast for a night time adventure out of Yankeetown last night. Bill had been telling me about Tarpon under a full moon for months, and I was finally able to join him last night, and it was everything he had said!

We pulled up to our spot and began fishing, it was not long before we had tight lines. I had the first **** on and watched it dance across moon lit night. He was a manageable 100 pounds or so, however this being only the second **** I had ever hooked, I failed to instinctively Bow to the King and off he went. No worries, the night was young.

All in all we Jumped 4 nice ****'s and Adam was able to land his first ever after a battle that lasted over an hour! The 140 pound fish refused to give up!

The tides were done after that lengthy battle, otherwise I am certain we would have hooked up several more because they were eating!

We also had some activity with several sharks, one that was clearly a monster! He just took off slow and steady! Bill said it was probably a 400 pound plus Bull or Tiger Shark the way it was going!

An amazing night out of Yankeetown under the light of a beautiful moon!

Replies

• LineDriveLineDrive Posts: 136 Officer
    AWESOME night of fishing, with some great company as well. Those tarpon in the moonlight were definitely a memory etched in my mind. and that shark....... Glad there's a month before the next full moon. Some great fishing, and a lot learned from Bill Nast as well!
  • permit_mepermit_me Posts: 988 Officer
    very nice! looks like a great time had.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,532 Captain
    Sounds like fun.
  • fitnastfitnast Posts: 142 Officer
    I had a great time and glad the fish cooperated right on que. Some of those jumps were pretty awesome to see in the moonlight last night. Need the rain to stop to get back after them again.
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,239 Officer
    Wow, that sounds like fun! Decent pics, considering very low light. You'll look back at those pics many times remembering that first Tarpon, and what a whopper! My son got a 150# Tarpon, his first, starting at Short point and we chased that unbelievably strong fish almost to the Barge Canal. I had the 50# leader in my hand twice, at 1:15 and 1:30min and it broke the second time, but the fish swam off quickly. Unfortunately we never got a close pic of it, so it was awesome but a pic would have made it better.
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 469 Deckhand
    That's awesome! Monster fish at midnight.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Awesome guys...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,851 Moderator
    Good deal and you beat the heat and rain.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,939 Captain
    The title sounds like a beer commercial, which is what I would have gotten out after fighting those beasts!! Nice Bill, real nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    WTG