Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Kudos to the FWC

http://www.wptv.com/news/state/men-charged-with-catching-too-many-lobsters-in-the-florida-keys

Those are going to be some expensive lobsters for these ya-hoos.
Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
www.makologic.com
[email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...

Replies

• SnookMan772SnookMan772 Posts: 661 Officer
    kudos to FWC is right! People like this are lower than the scum of the earth.. The father didn't even have a valid license.. Like ****?! Great example for your kids... The sad part is that for everyone of these idiots that are caught many more get away without even being stopped. It was great seeing the FWC presence in the Keys the last two days, but it would still be nice to see even more boats stopping and checking people. I play by the rules and I have no issues getting stopped for a quick check. Great job FWC, we just need more of you...
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 13,254 AG
    Why?! Why is enough never enough? I hate greedy jerks who always try to get away with breaking the rules, if the limit had been 16 per person, they would have still taken more. You can make the limit 100 and someone will always want 101. Ridiculous I hope they get the maximum penalty.
    Like is like a Helicopter.  I do not know how to operate a Helicopter  
  • greenie-slayergreenie-slayer Posts: 850 Officer
    FWC needs to raise the fine these poachers people receive then use that money to employee more officers. Something like $500/lobster over your limit. Also if its clear poaching as in this case make it so they can no longer buy a lobster stamp. They catch dozens of poachers each year and with they current penalties these people are not scared to poach so why not raise the penalty and make they pay.
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,049 Admiral
    Did you notice that the father is a attorney?:rolleyes

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,382 Captain
    Seize the boat. ALL equipment on board. the tow vehicle AND trailer.
    Besides a very hefty fine.
    Make an example of them to warn others of the consequences
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • bmoodybmoody Posts: 987 Officer
    You do know that penalties are not set by FWC, right?
  • ShoelessShoeless Posts: 2,110 Captain
    I'm glad they are out there checking, but totally agree I wish there were more officers to check more people. Playing by the rules is an absolute must and I don't mind being checked.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ControlledChaosControlledChaos Posts: 697 Officer
    You know it's one thing when you are unaware of a change in regulations or law but this is something else. They showed officers 18 lobster and had an additional 28 hidden in the bilge found on a search...... At that pint your just a selfish ******* and I hope the judge throws the book at them.

I don't mind getting checked by the cops. It can be a pain when your trying to go fish early but it's reasons like this why I wish they would do it more often. We got checked at the ramp today showed them our fish, opened the fish box and done in 2 min.
    Captain for Controlled Chaos Fishing Team
    Previous forum name jfenn10
    Check us out on Facebook @ https://m.facebook.com/ControlledChaosFishingCharter?ref=bookmarks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    I think that this story may just turn into smoke...that atty if any good with many connections will have this buried and the arresting officers sent packing to polar out post watching for an invasion of penguins attacking polar bears.....
    Let's be real here folks, the little guys get burned, the fat cats in favor with office walk....
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.
  • MakoLogicMakoLogic Posts: 628 Officer
    Gonna be hard to explain 28 extra bugs showing up mysteriously in your bilge. And Johnny Corcoran isn't available to defend them.
    Fisherman, outdoors enthusiast, and software geek (not necessarily in that order, depending on the day)
    www.makologic.com
    [email protected]

Formerly TxToFl...
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 7,049 Admiral
    MakoLogic wrote: »
    Gonna be hard to explain 28 extra bugs showing up mysteriously in your bilge. And Johnny Corcoran isn't available to defend them.

Maybe the bugs were "planted" and did the FWC check to see if their gloves "fit"?
    The gloves might have belonged to someone else. :wink

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• ControlledChaosControlledChaos Posts: 697 Officer
    Now that's funny 😂
    Captain for Controlled Chaos Fishing Team
    Previous forum name jfenn10
    Check us out on Facebook @ https://m.facebook.com/ControlledChaosFishingCharter?ref=bookmarks

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    You can bet that if the gloves don't fit, you must aquit...
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.