Red Snapper Throats......it's what's for dinner!

Since there's not been a lot of posts on here of late, thought I'd share my dinner from tonight. Pan fried red snapper throats with a lemon butter caper sauce drizzled over top; sides of fried fresh okra from my sister-in-law's garden & fresh corn. LIP-SMACKING GOOD !!!!!

Now, hope to be back down to PC next weekend to add some grouper to the freezer. So, maybe my next post will be of grouper throats for dinner! :)

Livin' the Dream !

Replies

• bluewatermafiabluewatermafia Posts: 535 Officer
    Looks great!
    Don't forget the cheek meat out of those big groupers either!
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,704 Captain
    :thumbsup
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 7,905 Moderator
    Looks good.

Good luck on groupers! I have not been since wahoo / Buddy's arm incident. Just about ready to do some fishing. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective / who you ask) there may not be much more fishing for me. 10 days in keys coming up, then I have 8 alligator tags I have to try to fill... then its deer hunting. Would be fantastic if I filled 4 of the 8 on my opening night. It would legal, but not likely. Hopefully the water will be lower than two years ago, which was my last effort.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,164 Officer
    Looks good.

Good luck on groupers! I have not been since wahoo / Buddy's arm incident. Just about ready to do some fishing. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on perspective / who you ask) there may not be much more fishing for me. 10 days in keys coming up, then I have 8 alligator tags I have to try to fill... then its deer hunting. Would be fantastic if I filled 4 of the 8 on my opening night. It would legal, but not likely. Hopefully the water will be lower than two years ago, which was my last effort.

Thanks.......still watching the weather & sea reports right now. Looking a little unsettled for this weekend. We'll wait & see how it plays out.

Although not fishing, those other outdoor adventures sound like great fun to me! I'm sure the keys will be a blast & I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun on the water. Good luck on those gators......need to add that to my bucket list.

Livin' the Dream !
  • frankiezfrankiez Posts: 389 Deckhand
    Looks great. I still cant believe how many people discard the throats and cheeks (esp. Grouper). I take everyone I can get. I bake them and after they cool I use the meat to make patties, salads, and even made a grouper casserole (instead of tuna casserole). I made wraps using tortillas, cheese, cole slaw, cilantro dressing. Fantastic.
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,164 Officer
    frankiez wrote: »
    Looks great. I still cant believe how many people discard the throats and cheeks (esp. Grouper). I take everyone I can get.

I'm with you. I think they are the best part of the whole fish (on red snapper & grouper); just as soon have the throats as the fillets.......:)

Livin' the Dream !