Home General Hunting

Why mess with Trail Cams..

2»

Replies

• Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 7,314 Admiral
    WELL , I broke down today and did it.
    Had 2 brand new fancy models. Forget what kind but their hangin in the woods right now with 4 Gig cards and 300 new batteries in both.
    One I just threw up behind my camp on an old Trail the landowners next door Bush Hogged out a few years back to keep me from hunting the Fence line. Kinda marked His Area but it is 50 ft on My Area..Clown..:cool
    The other I put in a big Swamp on an old Skidder trail from the Cypress to the Pines. I Macheded out the trail real nice and set a Ladder Stand there also. Deer and hogs were using the Trail for years and I opened it up a bit for them. Close Quarters hunting. 2 Shooting lanes , both at 25 yards.
    Better take the AR on that Stand.
    Just hope I don't end up with 5 Thousand pictures of Hog again..:banghead
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • RobertRRobertR Posts: 301 Deckhand
    I bought 2 moultrie cameras and put them out on my hunt club back in mid June...I pulled the cards yesterday for the first time. I only had about 240 pictures. I got some nice pictures of hog, deer, turkeys, a couple of racoon's and squirrels.. Very happy to not see any bear pictures, my last lease was full of bears. The most interesting pictures were of a 8 point in velvet hanging out with a doe and her fawn. Most of the pictures of hogs were at night. About 90% of the deer pics were day time pictures. Acorns dropping and the mid September rut will change their pattern but for now I'm glad to get a few pics!!
  • omegafooomegafoo Posts: 3,127 Captain
    Occasionally they might help you...

This guy first stepped into this plot 12/13 last year.

78B36D40-A0E1-40CE-B18A-88ED1A60C83B_zpsdkcskuzt.jpg

I hunted on Christmas eve and only saw a spike. Didn't hunt Christmas night and returned the day after Christmas. I pulled the card at lunch on the 26th to find that he was walking in just as I climbed down and was slipping back to the truck on Christmas eve. Christmas evening a different buck returned, except he was just before dark. After two consecutive nights of that, I decided that was where I would sit that evening. Less than 5 min before end of shooting time, the original buck stepped out

DSC_0592_zpsff330c79.jpg

My decision was made based on the camera for the last two days. But it seldom works out like that...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk