Skunked at Ozello again, looking for advice for redfish please

Went to Ozello state park this evening and dropped my kayak in at 530. It was an incoming tide and everything seemed aligned with the fish forecast/tide chart for prime fishing. At the launch I went to the left and towards the gulf a couple of hundred yards. Found plenty of moving water due to the tide coming in and I didn't catch anything but a rock. I couldn't get live bait due to the bait shop already being closed. I used 1/4 oz DOA ghost shrimp, gold spoon with red and gold streamer tail and a DOA new penny paddle tail with 1/4 oz jig head and had no luck. Should I go closer to the gulf opening or deeper in the mangroves (head straight out from the Ozello ramp)? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am starting to get a tad discouraged as many times as I have been in the past month and not catching anything.

Replies

• tbrady47tbrady47 Posts: 114 Officer
    I like to fish around the islands with a skitterwalk with good results ,if nothing is there I'll hit some of the grass flats for trout and outside of the oyster bars towards the gulf . Biggest fish I've cough was 50 yards off boat ramp 37 in red