Skip to main content
Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Offshore edicate

I know i don't own the Gulf but when you have spent 1000's of dollors finding spots you tend to feel as if you own them! That said I was out 38.89 miles outta venice when I had a big cat pull right up next to me (coulda shoulda slapped him in the face with a pinfish) With all the talk about offshore edicate WHY do people still do this? We were nowhere near a p-reef! If we were i could undersatnd but common just sayin!C:

Replies

• hammerhead09hammerhead09 Posts: 35 Deckhand
    Its because he wanted to find a good spot to fish. Boats tend to attract other boats. I feel your pain but there is nothing you can do about it. We have all had the same experience. Its just part of fishing, like catching a catfish when you are trying for a nice red. Its probably better to vent here, rather then out there.
  • 206CC206CC Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Wife said she couldn't beleave how well i handled this. Didn't say a word just waved hellow and didn't even have glock in my hand! Oh well it wasn't that great of a spot anyways But i did pull up a 29" 16.5 lb red grouper. Ill post a pic
  • 206CC206CC Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    Here it is
    [IMG][/img]Hauss.jpg
    [IMG][/img]260467_1980655514694_1192368168_32123632_640276_n.jpg
  • Cap'n MarkCap'n Mark Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Hey from the background in your pic, I have to say that it looks like you were fishing on one of my spots to begin with.:)

I have actually had guys drop an anchor so close that it got tangled in my anchor rope as I tried to leave.......
  • chicochico Punta Gorda Posts: 563 Officer
    If it's a very good spot, sometimes you just have to leave asap when you see an approaching boat, even on radar. We were on an exceptional spot last week, pulling up some "wreckfish" in the mid-atlantic at the baltimore canyon. Capt. saw a boat approaching and we quickly fired up the motors and slowly moved away. Better than to have someone clean out a good spot.
  • camgcicamgci Posts: 192 Deckhand
    Its because he wanted to find a good spot to fish. Boats tend to attract other boats.

Isn't that the truth. Motor was overheating on the way out one trip in about 50' of water so we stopped to let it cool down, started fishing, and within about 15 minutes 3 boats stopped to fish near us. I hope they caught something, we sure didn't. They were still there when we left.
  • Have KnotsHave Knots Posts: 229 Officer
    Same @4&&% that slam their car doors into the side of my ride! Just paid thousand bucks to fix what other inconsiderats ffeddup! I see you had your family with you. Glad ya kept your cool. Real nice red!
  • Big TunaBig Tuna Posts: 37 Deckhand
    With the newest technology, they can steal your spot from 1/4mile away.
    Congrats for keeping your cool.
  • HawkboatHawkboat Posts: 1,030 Officer
    It has been going on for years and will continue to go. I call them instant gratifcation fisherman. They don't take the time or money to find there own spots and figure it's there right to do that. GOOGINS!

I knew of one person who was hounded by someone so he called it a day and just dropped at random...didn't catch squat but maybe the light came on for the mugger and figured this guy doesn't have any spots, which after 3 drops the mugger took off to try and hound someone else..;)

BTW you can pick some one off further then 1/4 mile away if you have radar that's interfaced with your GPS and thas been going on for 20 years but use a loran instead on a GPS.

Nice red also
    Capt Bill