Gator Phase 3 Posted

Gone_FishingGone_Fishing Posts: 1,184 Officer
Struck out again

Looks like there are 5 county tags left for Phase 4. That's really sad

Replies

• mrbillmrbill Posts: 1,194 Officer
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,634 Captain
    All in the perspective. The vendor has not done well with FCFS and it is harder for them to have a meltdown with just 5 tags. They would be happy if there was none.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 399 Deckhand
    Not to sound like a jerk, but I'm happy to see as little tags as possible in fcfs. It shows that some people lost there sneaky way to get cheap tags by putting in 200 people and returning them. As little manipulation of the system this year. That one extra round this year denied a few hundred tags to the manipulators
    Not to sound like a jerk, but I'm happy to see as little tags as possible in fcfs. It shows that some people lost there sneaky way to get cheap tags by putting in 200 people and returning them. As little manipulation of the system this year. That one extra round this year denied a few hundred tags to the manipulators

That is not so. They got cheap tags in phase 3 without having to work hard for them. Just put in apps over 10 days and let the system hand them out. Those sneaky people can only run so many computers at a time and have a resource bottle neck. I know people who have more tags in their control than normal under this process.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.
  • icy1155icy1155 Posts: 123 Officer
    So does anyone here who sells gator gear carry 20/0 treble hooks? I want to get a spare snatch hook for this season and figured I'd support a local(ish) place over Amazon.
  • century7century7 Posts: 2,410 Captain
    swing and a miss for my group as well
    It works 60% of the time all the time......
  • jpatz18jpatz18 Posts: 212 Deckhand
    I do
    Affordable Alligator Hunting Equipment

http://www.alligatorhuntingequipment.com

Like us on Facebook!
    Would that be the "Huge Snatch Hook"? I have seen that on your site, but it didn't list the actual size and I was too lazy to measure mine to see if it was the same dimensions.
    icy1155 wrote: »
    So does anyone here who sells gator gear carry 20/0 treble hooks? I want to get a spare snatch hook for this season and figured I'd support a local(ish) place over Amazon.
    We at G&B also have them. Big hook. You can get a few 14/0 for the cost of one 20. But if you find yourself needing to scale a wall or have a spare anchor the 20/0 will do the job.

G&B Gator Gear
    I know it's about the biggest available, but last year we had a few times that the smaller snatch hooks just couldn't cut it. When the gator lodges up in a bunch of reeds and we can't get it moving a 20/0 with 1/2 rope really helps to clear things out quick and manhandle it up to bank/boat.
  • jpatz18jpatz18 Posts: 212 Deckhand
    Yes the 20/0 is the huge.
    Affordable Alligator Hunting Equipment

http://www.alligatorhuntingequipment.com

Like us on Facebook!
  • big al 75bbig al 75b Posts: 28 Greenhorn
    bgeorge wrote: »
    That is not so. They got cheap tags in phase 3 without having to work hard for them. Just put in apps over 10 days and let the system hand them out. Those sneaky people can only run so many computers at a time and have a resource bottle neck. I know people who have more tags in their control than normal under this process.

any chance you could expand on this. to me this year seemed much more fair than last year.
    a drinkerman with a fishing problem
  • cfthcfth Posts: 421 Deckhand
    We have all sizes 10 -20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Capt. Grayson Padrick
    www.centralfloridatrophyhunts.com
    Alligator Hunts, Alligator Hunting Equipment, Alligator and Wild Game Processing
    big al 75b wrote: »
    any chance you could expand on this. to me this year seemed much more fair than last year.

There are some people who offer to pay for permits if drawn and the permitted gets to go on a free gator hunt. The guide gets to keep the gators and possibly sell a hunt. The permitted person must be on the boat. There is absolutely nothing wrong in doing so. They work with MANY peoples names. When it comes time to do drawings like in phase 3 this year they have big windows of time in order to put in all the applications. Usually only one or two people are doing the computer work on the applicants behalf. Then after the drawing happens they just go in and check all of the people to see what permits the computer system gave them.

When we have FCFS the person who really wants a tag can get in shoulder to shoulder with the masses and get one. The people who have many customer ID's to work have a resource bottle neck of their time. They can only process so many at any given time. The single person now has better odds as the additional people are not in play at the beginning because all the extra peoples accounts can not make it through the bottle neck.

The drawing does help those out who can not use a computer or get to somewhere that has access at the start of FCFS. For that reason I see that we should have an initial draw.