LTD Motors High Springs, Fl

Folks, have a Suzuki DF 140 that needs maintenance. Any comments, positive or negative, on LTD Motors out of High Springs?

Replies

• Jim311Jim311 Captain Posts: 4,933 Captain
    A guy I know had a smaller Suzuki 20 there for repair for **** near a month before they basically told him they didn't have the tools to diagnose the motor and didn't have any plans to order the rights ones either. **** poor service. Also speaking of service I called them for some simple Johnson/Evinrude parts that any boat dealer ought to carry and was told they'd have someone call me back. They never did. Called them again the next week and got the same situation. I would be hesitant to do business with them myself, but I believe the choices are limited for Suzuki dealers in the area.
  • luiegluieg Deckhand Posts: 54 Deckhand
    I am a marine mechanic at a mercury service center in Ocala, we are not fully equipped for diagnostics on Suzuki's and usually send those customers to Astor marine in Astor Fl on HWY 40, a bit of a ride for you but they are factory service center for Suzuki's. Rich would be the guy to talk to there. outstanding work seen there so far.
  • majorgatormajorgator Deckhand Posts: 369 Deckhand
    I don't know anything about their service, but I make the decision to NOT do business at LTD Motors due to their owner and some personal matters related to him. He's never done anything to me, probably wouldn't know me from Adam, but I object morally to the type of person he is. Nothing more to say...
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Deckhand Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Tongue in cheek here mostly. But that place regularly comes up in conversations with friends and family. I jokingly swear that place is nothing but a front for something shady. (or just one massive tax write off) Their stock rarely rotates, or moves for that matter. They've had the same C4 vette sitting out front for a long long while (I drive by there to go see my sister and her kids), the rigs and motor homes look like they get shuffled around a bit, but it mostly looks the same. Same with the boats. When they had the corner place over in newberry their prices were way above, blue book retail, and they refused to negotiate on anything. I walked the one time I wanted to do buisness with them. I would be seriously hesitant to do buisness with them.
  • HSBViejoHSBViejo Greenhorn Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    Thanks folks. I sincerely appreciate your time and input. Think I'll be stayin' away.
  • TJBrinkTJBrink Greenhorn Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Regarding LTD Motors, they're crooks. We took our boat in for a power issue and they said that our carburetor needed to be rebuilt. They had our boat FOUR months to do this. We picked it up and paid them $290 for the rebuild, and the first time we took the boat out it broke down within 10 minutes. We took it to a new mechanic and he said that our carburetor needed to be rebuilt!!! When I called Michelle, the owner, and asked her why our carb was never rebuilt she said to mail it to her and they'd rebuild it. And, she said she would not pay for shipping!!! Due to unsatisfactory service and endless lies from our past dealings with LTD, I refused to send them the carb again and asked for a refund. She refused. She basically stole $290 from me. I have filed formal complaints with the BBB on this company.
  • majorgatormajorgator Deckhand Posts: 369 Deckhand
    Several years ago, I learned of some very unethical things regarding their ownership. No need to comment further.
  • KeatonBchFisherKeatonBchFisher Officer Posts: 297 Officer
    I have never personally dealt with them but I know a couple people who buy and service with Jack's boats in Perry. None of them have Suzuki motors but they have all had good luck with their service.
    Keaton Beach Rental https://www.vrbo.com/780025

Yankeetown Rental https://www.vrbo.com/619425
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Deckhand Posts: 469 Deckhand
    Dunnelon marine in dunnelon (15 minutes from Crystal river) is a good suzuki mechanic shop. They aren't too bad price wise and the owner works on them.
  • Trout SnatcherTrout Snatcher Deckhand Posts: 86 Deckhand
    I have an 11 yr. old DF-140. I would never let anyone but Robin at Suwannee Marine Services touch it. He has 25 yrs. of experience on Suzuki's.TS>...
    Aging gracefully with the help of good scotch!
  • Luv2YakLuv2Yak Officer Posts: 944 Officer
    Stopped by LTD just the other day for the 1st time just to look around. I was somewhat surprised to find not just 1 but 2 used Gheenoes (with motors and trailers) there. I inquired about prices. Based on their ages and conditions both were WAY over-priced.