Another Bear question:

gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,563 Captain
I have read the rules and I cannot believe that Glades County is not one of the counties listed to be open for hunting.

If a county is not listed? Does that mean no hunting allowed?

If this is the case? The screwed up big time.
"sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972

Replies

• Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain
    Heard talk of conducting a population study in that general area next year. Not sure if it's a proposal or if it's already planned though.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 6,867 Admiral
    According to recent studies Glades County has only a couple Hogs and 1 or 2 Bears.3 good Bucks near the north fence...that's about it.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,563 Captain
    According to recent studies Glades County has only a couple Hogs and 1 or 2 Bears.3 good Bucks near the north fence...that's about it.

According to common knowledge the so called experts don't know squat.

On our 17,000 acres we have at least 7 different bears that we have identified on trail cameras. Facial markings, size, one with a limp, cubs and even a cinnamon one. So if we have id 7 how many are there for real??
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972
  • JohnnyBanditJohnnyBandit Posts: 8,305 Admiral
  • Walker DogWalker Dog Posts: 2,155 Captain

You must have meant to say Dixie County! LOL
  • bgeorgebgeorge Plant City FLPosts: 1,634 Captain
    gator4ever wrote: »
    I have read the rules and I cannot believe that Glades County is not one of the counties listed to be open for hunting.

If a county is not listed? Does that mean no hunting allowed?

If this is the case? The screwed up big time.

It is a matter of where the BMU line was drawn. It is not in the defined South BMU which as a BMU as a whole has what they needed at that time. The BMU you are in goes up to around Tampa and does not have the concentration of bears in the whole BMU that they needed to do a population estimate at this time. Many things will have to be tweaked and adjusted as this is implemented.

First the work to get the first hunt off then there will be a lot of reflection and tweaks that begin.
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. Hopefully the next man is not dropping his stones on the mountain you are trying to move.