Home General Freshwater Fishing

vacation rental help

I need some help. My wife and I are looking to spend some time this winter bass fishing in southern Florida. We would like to rent a place on or near a good bass lake. I am having a hard time finding anything. If anybody knows of a place to rent or could tell the best way to find one I would greatly appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,222 Moderator
    Depends on what area or lake your looking to fish ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • SirBassSirBass Posts: 7 Greenhorn
    Capt louie
    I have been on Istokpoga the last couple of years but my landlord there is going to sell the property. I am open to new waters but probably would prefer southern/central Fl to avoid as many cold fronts as possible.
    Any ideas?
  • Manny G.Manny G. Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Here's a thought...Lake Okeechobee, at Roland Martins Resort. Check it out.

http://www.rolandmartinmarina.com/
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,222 Moderator
    SirBass wrote: »
    Capt louie
    I have been on Istokpoga the last couple of years but my landlord there is going to sell the property. I am open to new waters but probably would prefer southern/central Fl to avoid as many cold fronts as possible.
    Any ideas?

The central Fla area (Dunnellon,Leesburg,Inverness,etc. ) has lots of lakes and rivers but it sometimes gets a bit cold. Guess we are about 100 miles North ?
    "You'll get your weather"
  • WildWild Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    If you are looking for a 6 month rental for the winter, I have a beautiful furnished home available. Lake County Florida has 1000 lakes plus the St. John River.MT. DORA, FLORIDA***Reserve early for 2015-16* Central Florida Location -Leesburg, Eustis, The Villages, Tavares, Umatilla area.- Manufactured Home on 10 wooded acres in Lake County, Florida. Furnished home is in a beautiful rural wooded setting, with a locked gate, on paved road, not in a senior park. Quiet and safe, immaculate, 2 bed 2 bath home (walk in shower in master, tub in hall bath)) central a/c & heat, washer/dryer, equipped kitchen, large TV, and linens. Master bedroom has new mattress with memory foam comfort. No smoking , and sorry, no pets. Lawn maintenance and garbage pick up included. Cable TV or Direct TV and WiFi available. Free if you use my router ! Move in ready. Eight miles to Wal Mart, Publix, Winn Dixie, Hobby Lobby, Joanne’s, library, YMCA, Florida Hospital, restaurants, coffeehouse, shopping, golf courses, antique shops, classic car shows monthly, folk & bluegrass music, Mt. Dora Dulcimer Festival, huge flea market, many fishing lakes. Located in Lake County, Florida, south of Ocala National Forest. One hour+ to Orlando attractions/airport and beaches of either coast. Sanford and Daytona airports closer. Auto train in Sanford, Fl only 45 minutes away. Owners (retired husband & wife) also live on same 10 acres, so you are not alone if new to area. Separate address and mailbox for each home. Rent $1100.00 month (2 adults) , plus electric bill. Prefer 6 month rental (available all year). Ask me for pictures. Contact Lauri at 352-408-6054 or email at: [email protected]. Ask for pictures.