Home General Freshwater Fishing

Clewiston fishing/scouting.

jdjpjdjp Posts: 10 Greenhorn
I've got gator tags for lake O west. If the weather holds up tomorrow I plan to take my little skiff with a 15hp tiller down to clewiston with my girlfriend . I want to get some fishing in while scouting forgators.

I was thinking I'd try to talk to the guy at jolly rogers to get some advice and get some shiners there.

I haven't done any fishing on the lake or rim canal and I am just looking for any advice you guys are willing to give me.

Since the weather might get bad I'd rather not go to far away from the ramp, but I'd like to see a little of the area and id like to catch a few bass and i might even get some live worms and try to catch some bluegill or speck?

when I get out for gator season I plan to talk my friends into going with their airboats or larger boats but I might end up getting to there with my little boat and trying to get my girlfriend in on the action with a smaller gator.

Thanks very much for any advice.

Dylan

Replies

• Bass2bucksBass2bucks Posts: 654 Officer
    jdjp wrote: »
    I've got gator tags for lake O west. If the weather holds up tomorrow I plan to take my little skiff with a 15hp tiller down to clewiston with my girlfriend . I want to get some fishing in while scouting forgators.

I was thinking I'd try to talk to the guy at jolly rogers to get some advice and get some shiners there.

I haven't done any fishing on the lake or rim canal and I am just looking for any advice you guys are willing to give me.

Since the weather might get bad I'd rather not go to far away from the ramp, but I'd like to see a little of the area and id like to catch a few bass and i might even get some live worms and try to catch some bluegill or speck?

when I get out for gator season I plan to talk my friends into going with their airboats or larger boats but I might end up getting to there with my little boat and trying to get my girlfriend in on the action with a smaller gator.

Thanks very much for any advice.

Dylan

You can catch a lot of nice fish in the rim ditch on crankbaits, if you want to fish the main lake go right out the Clewiston channel and hang a right that whole area on you right hand side is called coots bay and there's some fish in coots right now.
  • gator4evergator4ever Posts: 2,566 Captain
    Go the cuts that open up into the lake from the rim canal and toss a rattle trap til it hurts.

Schooling bass love them cuts this time of year.
    "sometimes it's OK just to kill a little time" my grandpa 1972