Summer Swordfight 2011 Is ON

2011 Summer Swordfight is ON
Just trying to get a little more noise out there about this tournament.

July 14th is the Capt's Party at Stratfords Bar in Ft lauderdale. There will be some nice raffle prizes plus drink specials.

Fishing will be July 16th (Saturday evening) to back at the dock by 5:00 AM Sunday the 17th.

This is an "Old School" style tourney. NO electrics, buoys, or daytiming. This is manual rod and reel ON THE DARKSIDE. Two fish aggregate 50 inch minimum.

Entry is 300 before July 9th, 350 after CASH ONLY. There will also be 2 Calcuttas (1- 200$ for heaviest 2 fish and 1-100$ for heaviest fish). There are no trophies or tshirts all money entered goes back to the boats thus the CASH ONLY. Weigh in will be at
15th St ramp.

I should have more info available as I get it from the guy putting it on Tom. If you need to contact me please feel free to PM me leave a message here or email me at [email protected]. Ill post an actual rules sheet here in the next couple days. Come on out and try and win some cash.

Replies

• hihater36hihater36 Posts: 137 Deckhand
    Summer Swordfight 2011
    Tournament Rules
    1. The Captains Party will be held at Stratford’s Bar 2910 Hollywood Blvd on the South East corner of I-95 and Hollywood Blvd 954-920-6159 from 6pm-9pm on July 14. Drink specials for all tournament participants. One team member must be present from each team.
    2. Early entry fee is $300.00. All late entries after July 9th are $350.00.
    3. All payments must be cash.
    4. Payments can also be made at Stratford’s using a sealed envelope with cash only. Call me at 954-309-3189 when you are dropping it off for verification.
    5. Calcutta will be available at the captains party and will be 200.00 total weight 50/30/20 and 100.00 Big Fish. Cash Only
    6. The tournament is based on total combined weight of 2 fish per vessel.
    7. This is a conventional manual rod and reel tournament. No electric reels or power assists of any type is allowed on board a vessel in this tournament. All vessels are subject to inspection before during and after the tournament.
    8. The tournament channel will be VHF 72. All vessels participating must have a working VHF on Board.
    9. All boats fishing are responsible for all State and Federal permits required for them to fish
    10. Tournament hours are 6pm lines in on July 16th and scale closes at promptly 5am on July 17th, no lines out time. Minimum LJFL for swordfish to be weighed in is 50”.
    11. All fish to be weighed must be called in on VHF 72 immediately upon being boated with LJFL measurement.
    12. All fish to be weighed must be brought to the weigh in via the tournament registered vessel only.
    13. Weigh in location is the Public Ramp on 15th Street in Fort Lauderdale.
    14. All releases must be called in via VHF 72 for statistical purpose.
    15. In the event of a tie the earliest time of the 2nd fish to be weighed will be the tie breaker.
    16. Safety is the each person’s responsibility and all participants fish this tournament at their own risk. In the event of Small Craft Advisory or other unsafe weather conditions the tournament will be rescheduled for the following weekend. Entry fees will not be refunded. The tournament director nor anyone associated with the tournament will be held liable for any loss or injury of anyone. The captain of the vessel assumes liability of all persons or goods.
    17. This is a friendly tournament that is being put on for everyone’s enjoyment. It is not designed to have any type of controversy. NO INTEGRITY ISSUES WILL BE TOLERATED. Immediate disqualification will take place on any boat that even approaches a rule violation.
    18. The weigh master will have final say in any situation.
    19. Cash awards will be paid out after winners have been verified
    20. Polygraph will be available and if it is used the payment will come out of all winnings paid out.
    21. No t-shirts trophies or other prizes that take away from the tournament winnings.
    22. Signing below acknowledges all above.

Boat #________________________________
    Captain_______________________________ Signature____________________________Phone________ _________________
    Crew_________________________________ ____________________________ _________________________
    Crew_________________________________ ____________________________ _________________________