Replies

• rbricklerbrickle Posts: 239 Officer
    nick wrote: »
    picked up a pair at 1.29 lb:smoking

Where?:dog
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Great price. Best I have seen locally is $1.59
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 4,982 Captain
    Save a Lot in Archer, surprisingly a good looking meat selection
  • BColleyBColley Posts: 419 Deckhand
    I want to vote for all three. Publix has them on sale this week as well for 1.99.
    JBC

Chaos Tarpon Bay
    Ocean Master 31
  • reef raidareef raida Posts: 244 Deckhand
    On sale at Winn Dixie for 1.79
  • charlie tunacharlie tuna Posts: 730 Officer
    Flash,
    Buddy of mine dropped off some different meats that were entered in a Georgia Cook Off -- Brisket -- Pulled Pork -- and Ribs. He was cooking with Myron Mixon and they came in overall "Second Place". Now Myron cooks his pork with higher temperatures like to were mentioning. Maybe cook in the smoke for two hours and then double wrapped in foil and back on till it reaches finish internal temperature .. It sure was good !! So i'm going to try your method -- this made a believer of me !!
    nick wrote: »
    Save a Lot in Archer, surprisingly a good looking meat selection

hmmm, Sav-a-Lot in Chiefland was $1.59. I am going to complain. :grin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Flash,
    Buddy of mine dropped off some different meats that were entered in a Georgia Cook Off -- Brisket -- Pulled Pork -- and Ribs. He was cooking with Myron Mixon and they came in overall "Second Place". Now Myron cooks his pork with higher temperatures like to were mentioning. Maybe cook in the smoke for two hours and then double wrapped in foil and back on till it reaches finish internal temperature .. It sure was good !! So i'm going to try your method -- this made a believer of me !!

Well it is no doubt that the longer in the smoke, more flavor and bark will be achieved. I only do my "raising the temp", when I am pressed for time. But I have truly found little to complain about by raising the temps while in the foil. Can't hurt to try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• doghouse1122doghouse1122 Posts: 100 Greenhorn
    $1.59 at Sam's. Smoked 2 for Friday night's cigar happy hour at the ranch with a Mac & cheese casserole. Good way to end the work week.