Cedar Key Snook!

Took my wife to Cedar Key for a birthday fishing trip and was suprised with a 28" snook. I have been hearing that they are making a stand up this way but this is the first for us. She also managed that nice 31" red...I had to catch the dinner!
I've never tried uploading pics...hope it works!

Replies

• huntentailshuntentails Posts: 1,697 Captain
    Looks like You Two
    had a fine day and
    a couple Great Fish
    :beer
    58c3c16f-8a45-4d30-b16f-bc3107cf4657_zpsplzwx9u1.jpg0af8c5e9-faa1-4c9d-81d3-c711ee6ce6e3_zpsojsft7fc.jpg
  • kingkong954kingkong954 Posts: 642 Officer
    Whoa, nice job!... now how about more details :D

Bait/lures? General depth?
  • stillwater11stillwater11 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Bait was free mud minnows netted along a beach. Depth was about 18" against an oyster bar drop off on a falling tide...
  • TideUpTideUp Posts: 126 Officer
    Now that's awesome! Glad to see snook up around cedar key! I hear rumors about them there but it's nice to see proof :)
    Gainesville Kayak Anglers Club http://www.gkaclub.com
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Great to see one up that way. I heard from a guy who saw a big school of Snook around tripod way so it don't surprise me...Congrats on the catch...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,531 Captain
    Well done, good report and welcome aboard. That is pretty good for your second post.
  • stillwater11stillwater11 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Well...now that I'm an expert on posting photos(wink, wink) I'll post some of our usual catches (far less impressive than a snook!) I just wish I had 10% of what I've spent going down to Pine Island chasing those ole Linesiders!!!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,239 Officer
    You might have out some fish on the table, but your wife spanked you! You should have tried for a trout to complete the slam. Trout are always my hardest, but lately they are everywhere and big ones.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,814 Captain
    Demz some impressive catches there SW11!!! It's awesome to see snook catches so far north! Seems they have really taken hold in C/R & Y/T and hopefully up your way if we don't have any bad winters in our future??? Welcome aboard and thanks for the GREAT Post!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,847 Moderator
    Demz some impressive catches there SW11!!! It's awesome to see snook catches so far north! Seems they have really taken hold in C/R & Y/T and hopefully up your way if we don't have any bad winters in our future??? Welcome aboard and thanks for the GREAT Post!!!

^^ this ^^
    "You'll get your weather"
  • King59King59 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    I'll be moving down yall's way soon (Sept) and look forward to some serious hookups!
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 924 Officer
    Nice! Hopefully the winters are mild for a while, the snook fishing seems to be really solid the last couple years!
  • floridafanfloridafan Posts: 65 Deckhand
    I was back behind Lowes Bay Thursday throwing a Gold Spoon and had a Large Snook on! I would estimate at least 15 pounds. Lost him on the third jump! Wishing I was throwing a Mirrolure with 9 additional hooks!