Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Creek Trip

Went out today put in a Palm Valley. Went by Palm Valley Outdoors, very nice people. Got some live bait and went south. This was my first trip in my new to me gheenoe. Well got to the last dock going south and realized I forgot I took my life jacket out of the boat for my camping trip last week for the yaks. Went back and rented a life jacket from Palm Valley Outdoors. I hit the creeks south of palm valley. Boat only goes 4.7 knots so made it to marker 3. Ran into Jim Furyk fishing with a buddy. That was pretty cool. Made it back in the creek. moved around looking for spots. found some holes. Caught a few small reds, that was about it. There were mullet everywhere. Was enjoying watching the big cranes fly over and all the mullet bust the water like a tarpon was chasing them. Pretty cool trip. Next time down I am going to go strait to Pine Island and try around there. It will be about a 35 min ride, but looks like will be worth the trip.

Replies

• Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    Was your Gheenoe green with a trolling motor on the port side?if so I saw you today heading into a creek about marker 3. The wind was still strong and water dirty like all week. I went in at 10am as I was not feeling good then got a call my wife effed her car up so that ruined the day.

Slug-O
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com
  • CapdYaCapdYa Posts: 114 Officer
    Buddies were out yesterday evening in the Valley, caught a couple small flounder and some other dinks... Have had better luck in St Aug lately...
  • ladderslugladderslug NocateePosts: 234 Deckhand
    Yea that was me in the little green gheenoe.
  • Slug-OSlug-O Posts: 3,017 Captain
    Yeah I saw you entering that creek on the east bank. Water needs to clean up more. Head just a bit further south till marker 3/5 and work the east side. That will pay off for you at the low outgoing tide.

Capt. Dana
    USCG Licensed and Insured Charter Capt. PRIME TIME CHARTERS 904-591-8906 ICW and Back Waters fishing. Palmvalleycharters.com