YT 5/29

Not the best day. Two under slot reds, one keeper flounder, and thats about it. The reds ands flounder were caught in the same spot on the incoming tide. The bite in that spot was on as quick as it left. Other than that, it was tough finding anything on the bars. Saw a BIIIG shark and quite a few turtles. Some big reds were seen on the bars but no bitters. BIG sheep on the bars as well. No bitters.

Good luck this weekend. Hope it goes better for you than it did for me.

Replies

• kingkong954kingkong954 Posts: 637 Officer
    Thanks for the report! Still sounds like a beautiful day to me!
  • mLuMaN83mLuMaN83 Posts: 108 Officer
    Yeah, it was nice out there. Minimal wind until around 2pm or so. I dragged my dad out with me and he really enjoyed the pristine area. Always good to spend time with family. The fish will always be there...

I took a pic of the old sunken bout by one of the creeks since the bite was slow lol. Tried to capture the past.
    You can see it here ---- https://instagram.com/p/3RuvXdRZB_/?taken-by=mluman83
  • StandOutI2StandOutI2 Posts: 544 Officer
    Where'd you find the boat? Never seen that one before lol. Anytime you spend on the water is always a good day! Gonna be heading out there Tuesday if the weather holds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:fishing
    It was at the entrance of one of the creeks. North of the house/other wrecked boat. You can't miss it.
    Ohh ok yeah it's up towards hodges. I forgot about that one as it's been a long time since I've been that way. Real pretty area. We kayak over there sometimes.
    I was looking at it and just imagining how many times it must have been boarded lol.

I wanted to get closer so I could see what I could see inside but it was pretty shallow. I had enough lower unit grinding for the day to do anymore. The one thing Ive learned out there is that when that depth finder starts beeping or says 3.5ft... you're gonna have a bad time lol. Pretty neat sight though.
    Lol 3.5' isn't bad!! I don't usually fish much deeper than 2' normally. Just gotta read the water and see the deeper pockets. But where you were I can imagine you had some bumps, it gets bad in there, some of those rocks move lol.
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead