Home Tropics

West End and Green Turtle run

CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,777 Captain
So, once again I am ready to go back to that side. Ya know? I have done a load of island travel this past year. Took the 61 to West End twice and Green Turtle once (3). Took the 42 to West End twice, Lucaya once, Chub once and Bimini once (5). Took the 55 to Lucaya once, Chub once, and Bimini once (3). The 63 Bertram Bimini once, West End once (2). Thats a bunch... This will be West End at each end and Green Turtle sandwiched in between...
As with the other boats this one needed a lot of stuff to make island ready. Most notable is paperwork. Other than the 63 all the others had no customs decals or HMS permits. C'mon, thats just basics! The 63 and 55 had good tackle but the others need me to bring mine. All of em needed me to tote lures and other stuff to make up spreads. Couple of em even needed me to bring my own gaff...
Not complaining. Happy to have had the work. When this one is done will switch gears and start chasing makos , tuna and marlin up north...
So with that the thread is started and will continue with reports when and if I can get em up on that side...

Replies

• snookyjsnookyj Posts: 1,687 Officer
    Be safe and catch em up Paul!!! I'll be in Great Harbor next week for a few days.
  • Angler_2600Angler_2600 Posts: 1,106 Officer
    Be safe good luck. Post some reports
  • CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,777 Captain
    West end day 1 no issUe... Day2- CUda on edge. TUna at spanish cay later that day.,,,Day 3-Wahoo, rat blUe, tUna, 0-2 whites... Day4- Skippies and trip to nippers... RoUghed Up a bit... Laptop all screwed Up...
    Yesterday was one of those days... First white wont eat. Second decided to smash a cedar jig and miss the hook. Third we should have had. Two clean bites and human error prevailed. Fourth one skyrocketed at the bait and missed. No second shot.
    Today was better... We crossed back from Green Turtle to West end. Came out of the gate with a sail. We had big girl blue one come sniffing around but she again wouldn't eat... It might be windy here but at least a whole lot calmer...
    Checking the gear this morn it became clear the big girl from yesterday didn't just look. She tore up the leading edge on my favorite lure. Trolled our way out from WE... Few miles out we boxed a 15-20 class dolphin. While later we hooked a slob only to lose it just feet from the boat. Clock was tickin and we needed to go. Stopped on a board full of bait but no love from it or anywhere the whole crossing...