Broke in the new fishing hat! Pompano.

Life, work, weather, and more work has keep me sidelined since Fall. Needless to say I have had the fishing jones like no other! Determined to fish, I prepped during the week. Cleaned the rods and reels, replaced leaders, charged all the batteries, pulled out the fishin clothes when I noticed that my favorite long billed fishing hat had seen better days:cry. So on the way home from work I stopped at West Marine and bought a new Aftco hat.
The weather report said today was the day. So off to Pompano to do a little wreck fishing. Stopped at Ace's grabbed some Pilchards and hit the water at sunrise.
Trolled a Bomber on the way out and out at 40ft BoBo slams the lure. Due to the hiatus from fishing I actually didn't curse at it.
At 80ft switched to a Pilchard who didn't last long before a stout Cero inhaled it. Released to live another day.
Hit the Union Express, Pappas, and the Sucre wrecks. The Sucre had plenty of life. Picked off 3 more BoBo's, a Almaco, and two runt kings. Lost two jigs to a couple of torpedos that cut me off. Finally landed a decent King that got blood on the new hat. The day was complete, dirty new hat and fishing jones satisfied!
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, martini in one hand, Cheeseburger in the other, body well used and worn out and screaming WOO-HOO What a Ride!"

Replies