Replies

• mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 5,335 Admiral
    No kidding?
    So what's your point?
    Is this not "lacking any science and is a knee-jerk reaction to anecdotal reports of runaway mountain lion populations killing pets and livestock"?
    Did you read it?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • binellishtrbinellishtr Posts: 8,797 Admiral
    Ya, and the same Mt Lions/Cougars aren't doing the same thing in S Fl either. Maybe if you want to learn something here, call or ask Commissioner Priddy. She has a big ole ranch,with bunch of depredation going on. She will take your call.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 5,335 Admiral
    I don't even know what we are talking about here......but.

I do have some questions about the current condition of our states large cat population and it seems the only numbers readily available are those of the cats that have been killed by motor vehicles as this is the data that's easy to collect. I think there's a lot of misinformation scattered about and I don't know if the even commissioner has any good current census, as it is not easy or cheap to get.

Since you neglected to leave a number I could use to call the Commissioner, I sent her an email via the function available on the FFWC website.
    If you want an update, send me a p.m..
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • Nfn03390Nfn03390 Posts: 5 Greenhorn
    Mindyabiness: I did not receive your email. If you will post here I will answer.
  • N. CookN. Cook Posts: 2,100 Captain
    This is an example of why the USFWS has become "worried" about the situation with the "Florida" panther....they are considered a pest in some areas...even to be point of being legislated out of hunting regulations!...AND...the latest science specifically states there is only ONE species of panther in North America...and that includes the panthers who just happen to live in Florida.

In plain language....there is no such thing as an "endangered" Florida panther.

The USFWS needs to "go with the science" and declare the end of the Endangered Species status for panthers in Florida....A species that does not exist cannot be Endangered!

Then the FWC could manage the panthers the same as any other wildlife in Florida.
  • Lead slingerLead slinger Posts: 449 Officer
    lol...still *****ing about names huh

Do black folk that call themselves african americans exist?

:rotflmao
    the USFWS could give 2 ****s about S Fl and our situation..which is why finally our FWC had to say something..basically a CYA because it's gonna get worse .WHo knows, maybe the this is the first step in politics for a future hunt of the Cougars, just a lot of disappointed,un edjumacated whackos to inform.
  • fish_stixfish_stix Posts: 1,334 Officer
    Back at it again huh Benelli? What names can you dream up next? The FL panther has always been a cougar/mountain lion/puma/panther. For a long time you tried to convince people that the nonexistent separate species, FL panther, had been obliterated by crossing them with Texas cougars/mountain lions/puma/panther and that we now have a new species which you named the "FLUGAR." Have you ever had a biology course in any school? Give it up! Panthers are going to be around for a long, long time. I hope my great, great, great grandchildren have the opportunity to see some of them in the wild in FL, even up close and personal, an event which seems to scare hell out of you and others on this forum.
    smoke another stix..make this one a tiestick

flcougarispanteristicexbealadocious is my new trumped up name
  • Captjohn5150Captjohn5150 Posts: 1,698 Captain
    The only reason fla had a somewhat sub cat was because of man kinds ability to close off and or block the natural migration routes of most of the land based animals. So interbreeding took place and created a fla only sub group. The smart ones were able to figure this out and introduced some much needed new blood into the mix. Great job. We fixed that which we caused. The cats I hope will grown in population, expand into places out side of Fla and link up with other populations of cats. Hopefully these cats will be able to establish new breeding pathways. Maybe, just maybe in another 30 years or so we can actually have a controlled hunt on them. I'm a realist sportsman. I don't cry and ***** about pretty kitty. I have seen a few of them through the the years. They are "Gods" creation of a woodland guardian. They will be here long after I have put down my long gun. They were here long before the long gun was invented.
    For the love of all outdoors recreational activities....what my spelling is off, that will learn ya. Pimping ain't easy unless u went to FSU, its a BS course.
    What do u get when you can connect the dots, color inside the lines, and get your release papers.....sentence served, times up at Felon sentenced university.
    Floridas first woman's college.
    The only difference between FSU and all the other colleges are other colleges accept you into the university's. At FSU you are taken into custody.
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,288 Captain
    smoke another stix..make this one a tiestick

flcougarispanteristicexbealadocious is my new trumped up name

And is the main reason so many now ignore your post or treat them the same as when reading the nit wits in the Politics/Off Topic sections. Spent the holiday with some non-hunting relatives. The upcoming "possible" bear season came up and was discussed. Their misinformation and concern was appalling regarding bear hunting in Florida. IMO The chance we will ever see any cougar hunts is nil at this time. The non-hunting public will simply not allow it, and there are a lot more of them than us. Most, at our little gathering, seemed to believe the "only 100 left near extinction b.s." which is the lead comment by any news outlet that reports a puma/car collision. I did dig through the old post and showed them the panther/decoy skirmish photos. Nobody ran from the room screaming after viewing them.