Destin area kayak launches

jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,652 Captain
Morning all,
This will be my first time visiting Destin.
Where are good kayak launches for the bay?
I was looking at Santa Rosa Island/Santa Rosa Sound on Google. That area looks good!
Thanks for your help.
I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
Herbert Bayard Swope
US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)

Replies

• SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    Just to the East of Destin is Hogtown Bayou. Great launch area off the county road heading North of 98.

You can launch at the West end of the Destin bridge but be prepared as the day goes on the build-up of boat and jetski traffic as they hangout at Crab Island. Holiday weekend will be 3 times worse with the holiday cowboys out.

Not SR Sound area as you asked about but that area will also see a ton of boat traffic. If you are fishing go early, just cracking light yak in the water early. Gives you a little peace and quiet before the ham and eggers go commando mode on the water.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 1,652 Captain
    Thanks swamprat for the advice
    I looked at hogtown bayou on google
    I am going to go there in the morning
    I also looked at the ramp at legion park
    Its nice too
    I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.
    Herbert Bayard Swope
    US editor & journalist (1882 - 1958)