Home Egret Boats

Lowrance HDS 12 Gen 3 - 189 Egret

kerleekerlee Posts: 74 Deckhand
Just got it today and switched out for my Lowrance HDS 9 Gen 2. Took 5 minutes for 4 screws on mounting bracket. Using the Airmar TM150 chirp transducer and LSS.

Replies

• gal218gal218 Posts: 105 Officer
    Congratulations....looks great!

You must be a real techie...3 other mounts on the grab rails!

What other devices do you have?
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    Don't give gal218 any more ideas, Kerry!
  • kerleekerlee Posts: 74 Deckhand
    gal218 wrote: »
    Congratulations....looks great!

You must be a real techie...3 other mounts on the grab rails!

What other devices do you have?

LOL - Great observation

Life proof phone case rail mount - unclips easily

RAM ball mount next to the life proof case rail mount is for the GoPro Ram adaptor

RAM ball mount on the side console grab rails to attach GoPro RemoVu holder. It is located on left side.

Based on limited experience with the GoPro, the GoPro mounts are not quick release enough to move the camera around quickly, so I bought RAM adaptors. Not shown in this picture, but I was able to put some other RAM ball mounts on the frame below the poling platform as well high up on the poling platform "****" bar, for a different viewing angle. I can mount the camera anywhere quickly and then use the RemoVu to take stills or videos. I also got the non-video remote so I am not stuck controlling the GoPro remotely from the console area. Just having some options.
    Don't give gal218 any more ideas, Kerry!

Have you been talking to Frank!
    kerlee wrote: »
    LOL - Great observation

Life proof phone case rail mount - unclips easily

RAM ball mount next to the life proof case rail mount is for the GoPro Ram adaptor

RAM ball mount on the side console grab rails to attach GoPro RemoVu holder. It is located on left side.

Based on limited experience with the GoPro, the GoPro mounts are not quick release enough to move the camera around quickly, so I bought RAM adaptors. Not shown in this picture, but I was able to put some other RAM ball mounts on the frame below the poling platform as well high up on the poling platform "****" bar, for a different viewing angle. I can mount the camera anywhere quickly and then use the RemoVu to take stills or videos. I also got the non-video remote so I am not stuck controlling the GoPro remotely from the console area. Just having some options.

WOW! Do you also fish?
    First real fishing trip next week on this boat, next week.LOL It's all about proof of catch or it did not happen.
    First real fishing trip next week on this boat, next week.LOL It's all about proof of catch or it did not happen.

Well, I think we all look forward to seeing some real proof from your trip...with all that equipment, there are no excuses!

I wish some people in our government operated with that same transparency!
    gal218 wrote: »
    Well, I think we all look forward to seeing some real proof from your trip...with all that equipment, there are no excuses!

I wish some people in our government operated with that same transparency!

Our spring trip was not that great but I can live with this guy
    Our spring trip was not that great but I can live with this guy

2 months later, finally a picture...with all that equipment, you should be posting "live" streaming video.
  • TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 561 Officer
    A friend of mine is looking a Gen 2 HDS-9 to put in his little Dusky if you are still looking to get rid of your old one.
    TXWahoo wrote: »
    A friend of mine is looking a Gen 2 HDS-9 to put in his little Dusky if you are still looking to get rid of your old one.
    I exchanged the units and paid the difference
  • jjchompjjchomp Posts: 35 Deckhand
    How'd you do that? I am interested. I have a less than one yr old 9 touch gen 2 that I would love to swap for a 12 gen 3