2/22/15 - Snook Island inshore report

I wanted to take my girlfriend offshore for the first time but we got to the beach and the surf looked a bit too sporty for her first time so we went with plan B and hit up Snook Island (northwest side of Lake Worth bridge). I had fished there many times before without much luck but it had been a while and decided to give it a shot. We only fished for about an hour and a half but I managed to get 2 for 2 on the under-slot snook. First one was about 23" and second one was about 25". Both caught on a red and white DOA bait buster right in mid-day an hour and a half after high tide. Apparently Snook Islands holds some snook, who knew?!

6KkJjNe.png

Replies

• jcanracerjcanracer Posts: 4,294 Moderator
    nice!
    Hobie Kayak angler for life!
  • 1OzLead1OzLead Posts: 352 Officer
    Nice looking Snook!
  • irishff727irishff727 Posts: 948 Officer
    snook islands can be very hit or miss esp depending on the wind. Gone there some days and done real well and other days no so hot. All in all it is a good little place to fish esp when the mullet run
    time enjoyed wasted is not wasted time
  • r00kieAnglerr00kieAngler Posts: 257 Deckhand
    No way theres actually snook there !! Luck still isnt on my side :shrug Nice work man
  • jaredman1000jaredman1000 Posts: 196 Officer
    Great Report . I know im a little late reading this but its great to see that those islands are holding fish . Tight Lines
    Native WaterCraft Redfish 14