Skip to main content
Home Conservation Forums

Number of Rods Allowed

Fl-boyFl-boy Posts: 71 Deckhand
While saltwater pier fishing, is there a max. number per angler allowed?

Replies

• surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,022 Admiral
    No but the pier may have it's own rules.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
  • DBLDBL Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    False, rule states you must tend your line and be at the terminus (end)of your gear.
    "68B-4.0086 Hook and Line Gear: Tending Requirement.
    Beginning January 1, 1993, hook and line gear used in or on the waters of the State shall be tended. The term “tended” for purposes of this rule means that the person fishing the gear is physically present at the terminus of the gear.
    Rulemaking Authority Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. History–New 11-26-92, Formerly 46-4.0086."
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,301 Admiral
    Some piers have rules that limit the number of rods. I think pier 60 is 3. The skyway is unlimited.
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • surfmansurfman WC FLPosts: 6,022 Admiral
    DBL wrote: »
    False, rule states you must tend your line and be at the terminus (end)of your gear.
    "68B-4.0086 Hook and Line Gear: Tending Requirement.
    Beginning January 1, 1993, hook and line gear used in or on the waters of the State shall be tended. The term “tended” for purposes of this rule means that the person fishing the gear is physically present at the terminus of the gear.
    Rulemaking Authority Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. Law Implemented Art. IV, Sec. 9, Fla. Const. History–New 11-26-92, Formerly 46-4.0086."

So your interpretation of the law is that I must hold my rod at all times and cannot set it down for any reason, not event go fetch a beer out of the cooler?? Therefore it is only possible to hold and use one rod at a time? Interesting and funny too.
    Tight Lines, Steve
    My posts are my opinion only.

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.  Will Rogers
    Keep in mind it's not my interpretation that matters. I posted what it says.Yeah the laws a funny thing sometimes. I'm guessing if you're not a jerk causing a problem they won't say anything. Beer or not.
  • 9ball9ball Posts: 694 Officer
    I can be "physically present" without holding my three rods. You can't cast a line, go away for a while, and come back to check to see if you have a fish. Nothing illegal about fishing more than one rod.
    “Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.” Benjamin Franklin
    9ball, think further away, physically. Beach fishing or pier fishing with 3,4,8 rods spread out over 10, 20 yards while other people are around. I know some of you have had to seen issues with this in the past? i don't like completely stopping when turning right on red but the man can get me if I do. I just cant afford any tickets. I'm getting older and broker, retirement don't pay well.