The "Beginning of the End?"

2»

Replies

• ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 10,196 AG
    Luv2Yak wrote: »
    It's NOTHING about what "happens in our lifetime."

It's ALL ABOUT what happens for future generations of Florida's Big Bend saltwater anglers.

Don't be ignorant, naïve, narrow-minded, selfish - or plain stupid.
    trust me, we won't follow your lead.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,444 AG
    Luv2Yak wrote: »
    It's NOTHING about what "happens in our lifetime."

It's ALL ABOUT what happens for future generations of Florida's Big Bend saltwater anglers.

Don't be ignorant, naïve, narrow-minded, selfish - or plain stupid.

Ignorant and naive is the mindset of not coming to the realization that time will march on. The best we can hope for is not living to see the end of paradise lost. Hopefully it won't happen for over a hundred years, but I am skeptical. Just look at southwest Florida, formerly some of formally the most remote area in the US. The carpetbaggers came and developed, it is just a matter of time before the same happens to our favorite coast. Coastline real estate is finite, eventually it will happen. I'm just glad I'll never live to see it. Call that selfish if you like. It is going to eventually happen no matter how much you pucker up and click your heels together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • majorgatormajorgator Posts: 369 Deckhand
    I believe that the OP is appropriately named: Luv 2 YAK (his mouth).
    Step back and look at all we have (all you have). More than likely its because someone came along and developed a piece of land that was previously undeveloped, which allows for each of us to have this great quality of life (and sufficient internet quality to post on the FS forum). Those roads that you take to get out to the coast, would you prefer them to be old-fashion dirt trails or are you happy that someone developed the property (and subsequently changed the landscape, disrupted nature) to drive easily and safely on? Change is inevitable, and that's good. Without change and economic growth, then we have nothing. Society can't ever become stagnant and expect to survive.

edit: just re-read my post and it sounds like a bunch of liberal bull-crap...let me clarify...the government didn't make your business (LOL)
  • CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    majorgator wrote: »
    I believe that the OP is appropriately named: Luv 2 YAK (his mouth).
    Step back and look at all we have (all you have). More than likely its because someone came along and developed a piece of land that was previously undeveloped, which allows for each of us to have this great quality of life (and sufficient internet quality to post on the FS forum). Those roads that you take to get out to the coast, would you prefer them to be old-fashion dirt trails or are you happy that someone developed the property (and subsequently changed the landscape, disrupted nature) to drive easily and safely on? Change is inevitable, and that's good. Without change and economic growth, then we have nothing. Society can't ever become stagnant and expect to survive.

edit: just re-read my post and it sounds like a bunch of liberal bull-crap...let me clarify...the government didn't make your business (LOL)

No, right wing nutjobness for sure.
    133cbf2b243368b1ddb2f591a1988076--beach-posters-florida-travel.jpg
  • weetzaweetza Posts: 156 Officer
    Progress is just the practice of taking something simple and making it complex.
  • VertigoVertigo Yankeetown, FLPosts: 617 Officer
    weetza wrote: »
    Progress is just the practice of taking something simple and making it complex.

I think you've just described the Second Law of Thermodynamics. If so, the conclusion must be that change is inevitable, and chaotic.