Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bottom trip... 4/24, Panama City

Did a little bottom fishing on Friday. Was kind of slow. Ended up with 8 red grouoer, 1 jack , 1 scamp , a rock hind and a giant lionfish. That's the first lion that I've caught up here on rod and reel.

Nothing on high speeders.

Fished a new area that I won't be going back to any time soon. Looked good but I think it had been pounded.

Hard time finding any big jacks that would eat.

Still a fun time on water with a college Buddy who flew in from Texas.
"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,242 Moderator
    Oh,'and it was a little bumpy out there.
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • SwampratSwamprat Posts: 1,058 Officer
    Congrats....hope you killed the snot out of that lionfish.

Got blown out Saturday morning in SA Bay so used the time driving around looking at possible launch sites for the yak depending on wind direction.
    Jackson Cuda 12

A wade fisherman is the most simplistic but the most adept for the quarry they are after. They are immersed in their challenger's habitat and are in tune with the subtle changes of current, temperature and bottom. In order to be successful at this noble and primal fishing form one must be submerged from their goobs to their boobs, anyone doing this outside of that boundary is either sunbathing or swimming. S.F. Stewart 2015
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 1,920 Captain
    Certainly not a bad catch. Nice size on that scamp!
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • LilOrangeLilOrange Posts: 1,206 Officer
    Those are some really nice sized firetrucks! I agree with Klinger, that's a very pretty scamp....one of the largest that I've seen in a while. Did you get a photo of the rock hind? I've never caught one of those.

How far out did y'all venture?

Livin' the Dream !
  • acarbacarb Posts: 2,357 Captain
    Nice scamp there, Grizzly Adams!
  • wmflyfisherwmflyfisher Posts: 253 Deckhand
    Awesome! Man I'd love to catch some of those RG's. Haven't figured the secret out on that one yet. Will probably venture out this weekend if the winds lay low enough.