Flap & Scratch, Preston Pittman World Champion Turkey Caller

mcnallymcnally Posts: 358 Deckhand
Sounding realistic is a key element to bringing the biggest, oldest, wisest tom turkeys within shotgun range. World champion turkey caller and top gobbler gunner Preston Pittman shows a unique new item to help hunters collect more of those hard-to-call toms.[video]

Replies

• milkman2231milkman2231 Posts: 188 Officer
    A simple grocery bag does the same thing.
    "Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them." Denny Gulvas.
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 13,490 AG
    He has good advice for sure. Several ways to do the same thing, doesn't mean yo have to buy that product.
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • huntmstrhuntmstr Posts: 6,290 Admiral
    It's a good product. Preston gave me one of those back in 2011 when he first came out with them. I ran into him at the Ohio Waterfowler's Boot Camp and we got to do some catching up as it had been a long time since we had hung out and talked. Say what you will about gimmicks and products. I know this about Preston... he doesn't put his name on it unless he's willing to use it himself and it's a proven product.

Is the Flap & Scratch and essential item for your turkey vest? No. But it is a useful, consistent, compact and affordable tool for those who employ fly down and/or scratching techniques in their calling arsenal.
    Bushnell, Primos and Final Approach Pro Staff. Proud member of the Fab Five, Big Leaugers and Bobble Head 4.

I had you pissed off at hello.
  • milkman2231milkman2231 Posts: 188 Officer
    I hope my comment wasn't confused as criticism. That product in my opinion will help kill more turkeys than most calls on the market.
    "Guys today don't know what real turkey hunting is. They don't carry on a conversation with the turkeys. They just sit in a blind and wait for the birds to come to them." Denny Gulvas.