Chokoloskee 4/25

A friend of mine Aaron took my son and I over to choko to do a little inshore fishing. On the way there, I asked my son what he wanted to catch and he said "a big black drum". He got what he wanted! Aaron put him on this beast which took him about ten minutes to get him in the boat. He was excited about his catch and so was I. We ended up with another nice drum, a few redfish, and a couple nice trout. All fish were caught on gulp shrimp. It was a beautiful day on the water!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430062826.144542.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1430062837.541492.jpg

Replies

• bigyellowtunabigyellowtuna Posts: 248 Deckhand
    Congrats. Have heard the larger black drum are no good to eat. How was it....is it a myth?
  • TGunnTGunn Posts: 1,848 Captain
    Great work.

And tasty!!
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,621 Captain
    Your sons first drum and his first sail
    way to put him on the fish. Whole different
    kind of fishing over there in the muddy water.
  • T-LUV2T-LUV2 Posts: 389 Officer
    Congrats. Have heard the larger black drum are no good to eat. How was it....is it a myth?

Thanks. The fish didn't taste bad at all. We caught a smaller one a few weeks ago and it did taste a little better.
  • HialeahAnglerHialeahAngler Posts: 9,612 Admiral
    nice fish. I always release the bigger ones. too wormy.
    friedpeacocks.jpg
  • rhino2000rhino2000 Posts: 184 Officer
    Great day! good job TLUV and AJ!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards.
  • gsweavergsweaver Posts: 847 Officer
    nice job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2012 DUSKY 227XF SUZUKI 175
    nice fish. I always release the bigger ones. too wormy.

Defiantly had a few worms in the lower part of the fish near the tail which I removed. Tasted ok but I but I agree with you as far as letting the bigger ones go and keep in the smaller ones.
    Your sons first drum and his first sail
    way to put him on the fish. Whole different
    kind of fishing over there in the muddy water.

Thanks Neal! Definitely a whole different ballgame fishing over there as apposed to fishing offshore but I love it! It's beautiful over there, and relaxing!