4/23 Back country, WAY back.

Headed out in Crusty all by me self, the morning rains were gone and the tide was pushing in so I went deep into the creeks. Started off with two back to back Reds around 18inch then a 26inch. Moved further in and got two more back to back Reds at 25inch. as the tide came in I followed. Grand total was 12 Reds 6 upper slot. 3 Snook to 26inch. most fish ate a 1/2oz gold spoon. Snook on a Zara spook. It was a nice afternoon. Photos just ain't the same without Billy on board.

Replies

• BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,678 Captain
    Photos just ain't the same without Billy on board.

And I chickened out because I thought it was going to rain. Nice job and it looks awesome out there...did I mention I chickened out?

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    NICE WORK man! It's amazing to see the difference the area makes on the coloration of the fish, even if it's just a few miles apart.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,744 Moderator
    Excellent trip !
    "You'll get your weather"
  • CrabtrapCrabtrap Posts: 210 Deckhand
    Looks like a great day with just you and Crusty...the photos came out good too even if there are no toothy grins.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,905 Captain
    It's beautiful country"way back " in there! Nice reds.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Duane!! That's some great catching for a short time! You've gotten lazy....not bothering to look for trout to complete the slam. :nono I get it. I am at my last Art show till fall and I am ready to do some serious fishing starting next week. Maybe we can trade trips again. Went out at 3pm yesterday for about an hour of actual fishing, plus the ride and got a real crazy 34" Snook that kicked my butt twice last week including straightening a big treble hook. Not the biggest by far, but maybe the toughest one I've caught.
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,678 Captain
    Maybe we can trade trips again.

Duane's a Captain now so you're stuck with trading me. :grin

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice Split!
  • HammerheadTedHammerheadTed Posts: 1,234 Officer
    I don't know...my photographer is doing pretty good.:grin Sounds good though.
    Billy wrote: »
    Duane's a Captain now so you're stuck with trading me. :grin

Bill
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,781 Captain
    Amazing trip Duane!!!> Crusty is the WoMAN!!! She takes you to some great spots fer sure!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Great fish...
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead