Rocky cove 4-23

This is my first post so hopefully there's not too many errors. I used to fish CR and YT as a kid with my Father then I got too cool for that so it just kinda died off. The end of 2014 we decided to go on a trip with Mario out of CR and the itch came back quickly. I just recently got a little flats boat and started using Google maps and from memory as a kid start hitting a cpl spots. I haven't found the hot spots yet but have caught a cpl keepers here and there. We went to a spot that Google maps calls "Rocky Cove I used tides4fishing.com to look at the weather and tides, it said it wasn't going to be a good day but an incoming tide would be best fishing. So we got to the ramp at 2:30 and headed out. I tried everything I had in my bag except what my girlfriend was using after seeing her reeling in fish after fish I decided i would use the same. We were using gulp new penny jerk shad with a 4/0, 1/8 weighted hook. We caught a bunch of reds right at 18" so I didn't feel comfortable keeping those. She lost a nice red right at the boat, looked like maybe 23-24". They only took them on a pause or right after a pause and wanted em pretty slow. we were working the north shore line and going west to east. We manged a flounder and two nice size snook one right at 28 and the other at 30 both caught on the same bait using the same method. We were back at the ramp by 1800. Hopefully this wasn't too lengthy of a post. I can't seem to find out how to rotate my pic's sorry,

Replies

• Moon ShadowMoon Shadow Posts: 848 Officer
    Welcome to the Forum.:thumbsup

Sound like you had a great day. Keep the report coming.
  • hobieadventureshobieadventures Posts: 44 Deckhand
    You talking about rocky Cove over by the discharge. Sounds like you had a pretty good day
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    Welcome to the Forum.:thumbsup

Sound like you had a great day. Keep the report coming.

:Agree
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,538 Captain
    Welcome aboard...
    Looks like you had a good day....
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • Biggary16Biggary16 Posts: 468 Deckhand
    Good job out there. That's a lot of action for afternoon fishing.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,512 Captain
    Wow, your first post is great. That was a special day.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,750 Moderator
    Welcome aboard newbie ! Newbies buy so I'll have a cold beer. :cool:

The pic rotation I'm not sure about. It fixes it if I send my pic's to photobucket first ?

Thanks for the report and keep um coming.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • BillyBilly ChassahowitzkaPosts: 2,681 Captain
    capt louie wrote: »

The pic rotation I'm not sure about. It fixes it if I send my pic's to photobucket first ?

My phone often turns them sideways. I download them to my PC, view them, rotate them, and then save them before posting to the site.

I also use a weighted hook for soft jerk baits and it's pretty effective.

Looks like a nice day and a productive day. Oh...I'll take a Bud Light. :)

Bill
    "And the ocean is howling for the things that might have been..."
  • Wishin i was fishinWishin i was fishin Dunnellon FlPosts: 913 Officer
    Not a bad way to get back into it at all!!
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,783 Captain
    Awesome day!! Beginner's luck? Anyone on this board would be happy w/ the day you had!! Welcome aboard Newbie> I'm feelin like having some Gin today> Maybe a Martooni fer me> Super Dry> Thanks and keep posting!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Landlocked_Landlocked_ Posts: 590 Officer
    Rocky cove can be quite productive, great first post. Welcome aboard, I'm cheap, Natty light
  • PONCEPONCE Posts: 5,943 Officer
    Nice
  • Little_GeneLittle_Gene Posts: 370 Deckhand
    Very nice! keep the reports coming!