porgies and grunts

frankiezfrankiez Posts: 394 Deckhand
Hi Allen. What is the limit (quantity) for porgies and grunts? The spot I go to out in the gulf is loaded with them. Thank you. Frank

Replies

• Roc N RolRoc N Rol Posts: 1,351 Officer
    Gulf federal water there are no size or bag limits on grunts or porgies, and Gulf state water Porgy and grunts 100 pounds per person no minimum size
  • frankiezfrankiez Posts: 394 Deckhand
    Great! Thanks R&R
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    If I can ask...

What "Porgie(s)" are you catching?
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

...and with that history was made...:)
    jolthead porgy?
    Think more like knobbed porgy
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Thanks "Frankiez".....

Have you tried "FinestKind's" recipe for Porgie in the "Sportsman's Kitchen" forum?.....

It makes it a whole lot easier to figure out portions....everybody get's a whole fish....and when done correctly it sure is good...
    On Wednesday, 1/25/2017...Florida Sportsman "Big Kahunna"......"Triple Threat 33T" gave his "official word"...and greasy thumb print...by saying....."Here's your written rules Schmidty, No Politics in OT. You're welcome."

...and with that history was made...:)
    No I havent Schmidty. Thanks. I will hafta give it a try. I sometimes will clean and filet them (lotta work) & sometimes just clean them and cook them whole. My wife thinks that when you filet them you waste too much meat.