Home Tropics

Fishing Isla Mujeres May 2015

Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,972 Admin
Its getting real now, I just book the Keen M with Capt Anthony for May 30. This will be my second trip to Isla Mujeres. first thing I am going to do on the island is head down to the Soggy Peso for a cold beverage.

I am also looking for snorkeling ideas with the wife and maybe some inshore or nearshore options. If anyone has any contacts, past experiences or ideas please post them up
Mark P. Wilson
USCG 100t Master, Assist Tow
Marine Surveyor, SAMS-SA, ABYC, IAMI
Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc. 

Replies

• mikey111kmikey111k Posts: 34 Greenhorn
    I will be over May 16-21 and was thinking about doing a charter. Keen M has come up a few times and seems highly recommended. Are they year round? What should i expect to catch mid May?

I have done the whale shark tours out of Isla Holbox and am planning to do them again this trip from Isla Mujeres (http://www.cancunwhalesharktours.com/) He is who i used and was great. If the family isn't scared to jump into deep water and swim with some really big fish this is a really neat thing to do.

If you decide to get on the main land take a drive south go to Xplor. Its touristy but it is a newer park and still has some really neat things to it.