CK 3-22 ON FIRE!!!

We launched the boat around 8:30 to head out and see if any Spanish or Kings have showed up yet. Fished hard for them for the first hour or so, NADA. Only blue runners and other unwanted fish, with the water temp reaching 71 but still very poor visibility even 10 miles out. After we failed at catching any mackerel, we ran to the steel tower to see if any sheepshead were around. We fished it for about 30 minutes with no bites, so we decided to pick it up and head to one of our grouper spots in 20-30 ft to see if we could at least catch something. Fishing there for a couple hours we only managed some small sea bass, gags, and grunts. By now the girls had enough so we called it a day for the boat fishing. However we planned to take the jet skis out fishing for the first time, which ended up being a huge success! We fished the flats with incoming/high tide that afternoon with a front coming very soon which definitely increased the trouts' appetite. Fishing for about an hour, we had bites nearly every cast and our jet ski finished with 4 keepers(biggest 19") and the other jet ski with 4 keepers also(biggest 20"). Without a doubt this success turned our mediocre day into excitement!

Here is a link of some pretty awesome footage we got with our GoPros on the trip, my friend is a pretty talented editor when it comes to this stuff. We would greatly appreciate if you guys checked it out and help us get it out there!
https://youtu.be/1pAvMXfZmBw

Replies

• kingkong954kingkong954 Posts: 637 Officer
    Props to your buddy with the editing; he did an awesome job!
  • TW22TW22 Posts: 37 Deckhand
    I don't like that kind of music. What do you call that kind of "music" anyway? Digital?

That said, whoever made that video has some skill. It was cool from a video production standpoint.

Be even cooler if you could go shark fishing and get some slow motion out of a shark snapping his jaws (Just don't do it from a jet ski).
  • cthurowcthurow Withlacoochee to Cedar KeyPosts: 503 Officer
    Gotta admit that sure is some fun footage!! Thanks for the report as well!! :beer
  • NewberryJeffNewberryJeff Posts: 7,270 Admiral
    Never thought jet skis + guys wearing white sunglasses could = a good fishing video. That was great.
  • Snook SpankerSnook Spanker Inglis / YankeetownPosts: 1,773 Captain
    Purdy cool chit Young Dudez!! Just stay away from the fishermen in boats when on those thangz!! They hate you Ya know but as long as you don't buzz by them at 60mph while they are fishing on a quiet Flat you won't get hit in the head w/ a Zara Spook w/ 3 treple hooks!!!!! Thanks for posting!!!
    I am'z what I am'z and that'z all that I am'z!! > Popeye!
  • Top ContenderTop Contender Posts: 592 Officer
    Excellent job on the video editing. I may need to outsource mine to you.
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 4,640 Captain
    Nice job
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • TideUpTideUp Posts: 126 Officer
    Hahaha well I enjoyed everything guys. Sweet dub, nice video, and good fish.
    Gainesville Kayak Anglers Club http://www.gkaclub.com
  • RedbonzRedbonz Posts: 4,531 Captain
    :thumbsup
    If it don't fit force it. If it breaks it needed replace anyways. :banghead
  • BrodieBrodie Posts: 49 Deckhand
    Love the video AND the music, great job guys.
  • jkinney18jkinney18 Posts: 46 Deckhand
    Awesome job!
  • ksizzleksizzle Posts: 19 Greenhorn
    Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the encouraging comments. Most likely heading out again this weekend and will try to get some even better footage and fish!
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    I spent 12 hours listening to that music in Venice cranked UP !

It started to wear on me by the afternoon :willynilly

Thanks for the post.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Big Bend BrianBig Bend Brian Posts: 1,409 Officer
    Nice. Gotta love CK for Spring Break. One of my favorite places to be.
    Nice job on the vid. I like the tossed shrimp....
    Thanks for posting.
    Brian