Theme 1 - City

Thinking we need a few more posts on here. So how about have a weekly theme. We can do Beach, Sunset, Fish (though both already done I think), Bird, Flower, Kids, Nature, Fish, Boat, History..... the potential list is endless.

Let's start with a simple one. Title "City."

Post up your one best City or town shot. Can be boating or non-boating related.

Also post the story behind it, where etc. Try and keep it to 640X480 or thereabouts so we don't create horizontal scrolling.

I'll start.

Thames-1.jpg?t=

Houses of Parliament and The London Eye from Waterloo Bridge.

I was on a business trip in London in July 2007. A few of us went to a West End show and then were walking back to Waterloo station across the bridge. This was the view looking West. So I grabbed a shot.

Interesting thing about this is that it was around 10:30 at night, yet still a lot of light in the sky!

Full size here.

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l362/PASSAGEBOAT/FF%20Themes/Thames.jpg?t=
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies

• WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    I have a ton of 'city' photos. I like this topic. I am busy but will post more later. I will start with this one since it is on the hard drive of the computer I am using.

The family 12 day/7 country cruise started here two Julys ago. My first time to Europe. I will let you guess the city.

HhIBnl.jpg
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,414 AG
    I was in Denver visiting my daughter. Coming down the "hill" during the blue hour, I was met by this skyline. I had to stop and snap it. March 13, 2011.

D90 and Tokina 12-24 f4

BWj0Al.jpg
    Which ever one(s) of you little boys complained about quotes in the signature should be ashamed of yourself. :blowkiss

Instead of complaining to the moderators you should just quit playing on this board.
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    took a trip to Maine last summer, on the way we stopped in New Jersey across from New York City and took a few pics

IMG_2174.jpg
  • GrillaGGrillaG Posts: 1,259 Officer
    IMG_2175.jpg