Home Angler On Foot

St. Augustine

gyds07gyds07 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
I am heading to St. Aug. 3/29-4/5 and was wondering how the surf fishing has been? I have tried to find some fishing reports but have not found any. I am not bringing a boat so any info or tips on fishing the inter-coastal, piers or jetties would be great but I will mainly be fishing the surf, I am staying just south of Anastasia State park if that helps. Thanks for any info.....

Joe

Replies

• Outdoor1987Outdoor1987 Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Hey Joe, I can't say much about Anastasia but I generally surf fish near Guana and just started within the last week and caught quite a few whiting off the beach Friday. i just used fresh dead shrimp. but by the time you get here in a week or so water temps will hopefully keep climbing and be in the upper 60s, right now my surfline app says 65
  • bluewatermafiabluewatermafia Posts: 540 Officer
    Def worth bringing a rod. The whiting bite has been good and like stated above, if the water keeps warming up it could get good!
  • gyds07gyds07 Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    Thank you, I'm def bringing my rods and gear. Any info on places to fish for sheepshead from shore in the St. Aug. area. Bridges or jetties close by, or is it possible to get into some inter-coastal fish from shore anywhere down there? Thanks for posts, really appreciated.