Home Fly Fishing

Big tarpon at Flamingo now

lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,372 Captain
There up inside now it good numbers - for today's report go to this thread...
http://forums.floridasportsman.com/showthread.php?185085-Fishing-report-Everglades-backcountry-10-March
Tight Lines
Bob LeMay
(954) 435-5666

Replies

• sparse greysparse grey Posts: 1,751 Captain
    Well done Capt.
    Ron Conner Release the fish, keep the memories. Once a Knight is enough.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,372 Captain
    The big fish are also around the bridges between Miami and Miami Beach as well... Last night we went fishing for babies and hooked one 70lb fish then had legitimate shots at big mamas (100lbs and up) as they ghosted along under one bridge -right at the surface. They were so big their shadows looked like alligators... We hooked one on our light gear -it was like hooking a crosstown bus going by at around 40 miles an hour.... I'll be back down at Flamingo the next three days.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Permit RatPermit Rat Posts: 2,283 Captain
    Wow...they are early this year. I guess you've had the weather down there, to coax them into the shallows. Kind of supports my theory that with the warmer Gulf waters, the tarpon are staying in the Gulf and not going further south to Mexico and Costa Rica so much like they used to. I think the tarpon tournament here in Veracruz has seen pretty light activity, almost since I have been here. Some fish caught but not that many, at least for all the boats that fish it.
    .......Rick